? for those with kids in a different cabin from parents

NCmom

For those of you who have travelled with kids/teens in one room, parents in another, particularly on NCL: I know I can book the room with one parent in each. At check-in, how did you deal with the differences--keys for both rooms to all parties, or just keys to the kids rooms Did the steward question only kids in one room, especially with the rules of no one under age 21 without parent?

We're thinking of doing separate cabins next trip, but I'm afraid that someone will report us for violating the rules. At what age do you feel comfortable with kids in a different room. I don't think we can get connecting rooms, just adjoining rooms.

Thanks for any help.

The cabin steward wont ask you questions regarding kids in their own cabin-unless they are creating a disturbance--and even at that I doubt very much anything will be said to you.

Will you be booking the cabins next to each other??

Once onbaord you will see the Pursers desk and request cabin keys. Dont know if you are gonna give the kids spending priviledges onboard but since they are your kids no need to switch those cards.as all charges will be going one place anyways.

This is done all the time sop dont worry about it.

There are lots of ships that offer connecting rooms so if that's what you would like, just look around and find one that suits your needs. My own personal opinion is that the kids should at least be 12 and older to have their own room---if you have one that's older and another that's younger, that's fine, but I just wouldn't be comfortable with having kids younger than that in a room by themselves, especially if those rooms aren't connecting or directly across the hall.

We have booked our 2 kids in adjacent and adjoining rooms twice on RCI, I know they have some connecting rooms on some NCL ships. After cruising both ways, I have to say it is so much nicer to have the 2 rooms. Two bathrooms, more privacy, not as much family bickering. I think it depends on how trustworthy your kids are. The only downside for us is that we still have to preside over the clutter in their room, DH and I are neatnicks, the kids are not.

Archived