Cruise Port Transfer Beijing -XINGANG

apeller

Lbackwith

we will be going in the other direction now (Beijing to Osaka), but we're also considering transportation options for PEK airport to Xingang. Don't have any port info I'm afraid, hope someone who has done it recently shares their info soon.

Bob,

We are planning to use Beijing Limo Oct. 23. We should be back from our trip by Nov. 20th. I will try to post when we get back.

When do you leave for your trip?

Gail:

We are also arriving on the Diamond Princess in Xingang on Oct 23. Is your Beijing Limo full?

Cruiser Ric

Hi Cruiser Ric, our beijinglimo bus is not full. If you would like to join us, please see our roll call at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=4369406#post4369406 Just drop a note how many in your party, when you arrive in Beijing, and what hotel you are staying at. Glad to have you with us.

Happy planning,

Sabrina

• 1 month later...

Dear Gail & Sabrina,

You are correct......We are going from Xingang into Beijing at the end of our

Sept 24 to Oct 23 Diamond Princess cruise. We will be taking the train, based on the info provided on other threads. This web site sure does provide a lot of great info for do-it-yourselfers like me...........Keep up the wonderful job,everyone.

Cruiser Ric

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone ever opted for a "local" sight-seeing trip to the Great Wall, etc. from the Port? The cruise offering is pricey--and we plan to take it-- but our TA said that she thinks there are other reputable possibilities--but she did not have any information. We could manage the train--but have heard of train delays, etc. and would not want to "miss the boat."

Would certainly like to hear from anyone who has been so adventuresome. Thanks! Ciao! hmh

• 2 weeks later...

Are there people taking the Asia cruise on Diamond Princess, from Beijing to Singapore, departing November 24?

We would like to hire a van for the transfer from Beijing to Xingang Cruise Terminal on November 24 and wonder if there are enough interested people to join us. If we can get at least 6 people, the cost will be lower.

If there are 2 seats available, we don't mind joining you.

IA word of caution for those of you flying out of Beijing. Last August, I experienced the slowest check in I ever experienced anywhere. We arrived at the airport 3 hours before scheduled departure and only made to our gate 2 1/4 houre later! I don't know if this is normal there but security checks were not only thorough but very slow. You would do well to allow plenty of time to make your flight out of Beijing..Arrival in Beijing was just the opposite; quick and painless. One other item of interest. Alchohol in carry ons is not permitted there. They will allow you to put it in your checked luggage (who would want to do that!) but you then have to go though security again. The net result of that policy was enough wine and liquor left behind to start their own store. Pretty good gig, I say!!! For those planning independent transfers to and from the port, taxis are VERY CHEAP THERE but you need to be prepared to bargain prices down. Best to fix your price in advance. If you are undecided about spending time in Beijing, we absolutely loved the place. So much to see and do plus great shopping too.

Cheers,

Andy

The cost per person for a minivan from Beijing to Xingang Cruise Terminal is about $37 (4 persons in van) and $26 (6 persons in van).

Is someone perhaps interested in sharing a minivan with us (2 p.) to the Xingang Cruise Port on Nov. 24 to board the Diamond Princess?

I wrote you an email and want to take you up on your offer.

Can you email me back ASAP?

Thanks much!:)

Are there people taking the Asia cruise on Diamond Princess, from Beijing to Singapore, departing November 24?

We would like to hire a van for the transfer from Beijing to Xingang Cruise Terminal on November 24 and wonder if there are enough interested people to join us. If we can get at least 6 people, the cost will be lower.

If there are 2 seats available, we don't mind joining you.

Hello Inter Allia:

My husband and I are on the 11/24/05 Diamond Princess from Beijing to Singapore. We are looking for rides to share:

(1) airport to hotel on 11/22/05(Presidential Plaza--where all the precruisers are staying)

(2) hotel to cruise port on 11/24/05--Renaissance Hotel in Tianjin

We would love to share a ride with you or vice versa. I can book the mini-van if you would like.

Please email me at: whteswan100@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Hello Inter Allia:

My husband and I are on the 11/24/05 Diamond Princess from Beijing to Singapore. We are looking for rides to share:

(1) airport to hotel on 11/22/05(Presidential Plaza--where all the precruisers are staying)

(2) hotel to cruise port on 11/24/05--Renaissance Hotel in Tianjin

We would love to share a ride with you or vice versa. I can book the mini-van if you would like.

Please email me at: whteswan100@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Would anyone be interested in joining us for the train journey from Beijing to the port at Xingang to get the Diamond Princess on 24-11-05?

We thought we may see more by train as we are told the main road from the city to port is fenced so cannot see very much countryside.

There are two of us.

Anyone interested please would you email us at :

thomas.fletcher3@ntlworld.com

Thanks

No, thanks.

Train ride is for people who travel light.

We do not want to struggle with our luggage in a congested train. I am told there are steps to climb or walk at the other end of the train station, before you catch a tax to Xingang port.

• 4 months later...
Hello,
We sail on 2 October 2006.
Now that our family group has grown to 7 or 9, we are interested in private transfer from our Beijing Hotel to Xingang Port. Can anyone report on their experiences using private transfer limos, minivans or minibus?
Thanks for your hellp.:cool:

My wife and I experienced a very pleasant transfer with Beijing Panda Tours ( [FONT=Century Gothic, Avant Garde][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][URL="http://www.pandatourchina.com/"]www.pandatourchina.com[/URL] ) [COLOR=black]from Beijing to the Diamond Princess in Xingang on Nov. 24, 2005. I setup the transfer with Panda Tours' Edward Wu ( [EMAIL="info_wzg@tom.com"]info_wzg@tom.com[/EMAIL] ). Including us there were 13 passengers (living in a total of 6 countries) who were staying at 3 different hotels in Beijing. The transfer was made with 2 vans, a 21-seat Toyota Coaster and a 9-seat Benz van. The 17 extra seats were used for our luggage since the vans did not have a special luggage compartment. The 2 vans could probably have comfortably accomodated up to 14 or 15 persons. We were picked up at our respective hotels and departed Beijing around 7 am. Wu had suggested allowing up to 4 hours for the drive to Tianjin because of possible traffic delays. We experienced no delays and arrived at the check-in hotel in Tianjin in about 2 1/2 hours. Check-in started about 1 1/2 hours later. We spent the time in the hotel coffee shop while the drivers waited for us. Our luggage remained in the vans. After check-in the driverss brought us to the cruise terminal in Xingang, a drive of about 20 minutes. The transfer cost amounted to $34 per person. I had prepaid the entire amount by transfer to Wu's account in Beijing and was reimbursed by the other passengers at pickup in Beijing. I found Edward Wu to be friendly, reliable and competent.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name='P&T']Is anyone on these boards arriving in XINGANG August 1st 2006 and needing a transfer to Beijing city? Maybe we could share a private car or minibus?[/quote]

P&T, we are arriving on the China Air flight at 5:00 a.m. on August 1.. We need transfer to the port and would like to catch some sights along the way if possible as well as this will be our only time in Beijing, sadly!. We are a group of 2 (definite) and 2 others tentatively.

Please email me privately if you are interested in sharing a private tour/ride.

[quote name='apeller']Any suggestions for a low cost option? We will be 4 people and the cruise line wants $188 PP
Thanks[/quote]

We took a private coach last year. We got together with others from cruise critic by posting a message on the forum for sharers. I think we paid $15 or $20 each with a tip. Try not have too much fluid before leaving Beijing as the halfway stop bathroom is very grim and a lot of people were ill after visiting. Princess looked after people really well. Just make sure you take a hand sanitiser to use when travelling. All in all it was still a wonderful visit to Asia.

Jean

• 2 weeks later...
hi
do you not check in at the pier like on normal cruises, we have not had any info from princess yet, we on on aug 1st sailing and this is the first i have heard about it, we have booked a van from our hotel to the port any more info would be very helpful

I understand that the Pacific Princess passengers check in at the CRUISE SHIP TERMINAL, while the Sapphire Princess passengers check in at the Renaissance Tianjin Teda Hotel in Tianjin. The reason is that the Cruise Ship Terminal in Xingang cannot accommodate the 2,000+ Sapphire Princess passengers but they can accommodate the 670 Pacific Princess passengers. Is this correct?

Also, what time can Pacific Princess passengers board?

Thanks!

David
Pacific Princess June 30 Beijing to Bankok
[email]FLTXKS@aol.com[/email]

• 1 month later...
Hi folks
we're 2 people looking for a reliable one way transfer from the Peninsula Palace Hotel Beijing to the Sapphire Princess at the Renaissance Tianjin Teda Hotel in Tianjin on Oct 2nd.
Current quotes we have (wacts.com and from hotel) vary between
US$ 164 - 500+ (!) for two people. The wacts quote is cheapest and is a 'full limo' - I guess this is the Red-Flag Limo pictured on their website which looks less modern than the others- does anyone have experience of the Red Flag Limo?
Or does anybody have very recent recommendations?
Thanks!
Alex

[quote name='aclay']Hi folks
we're 2 people looking for a reliable one way transfer from the Peninsula Palace Hotel Beijing to the Sapphire Princess at the Renaissance Tianjin Teda Hotel in Tianjin on Oct 2nd.
Current quotes we have (wacts.com and from hotel) vary between
US$ 164 - 500+ (!) for two people. The wacts quote is cheapest and is a 'full limo' - I guess this is the Red-Flag Limo pictured on their website which looks less modern than the others- does anyone have experience of the Red Flag Limo?
Or does anybody have very recent recommendations?
Thanks!
Alex[/quote]

You can do better than these prices, they seem very high. Try [URL="http://www.beijinglimo.com"]www.beijinglimo.com[/URL]. We formed a group on our roll call and hired a bus with them. They picked us up at 3 hotels. All went very smoothly until we got to the dock but readers of this site know what to do now so it should all go smoothly. It is an easy ride, comfortable and reasonable to group together.

When you get to the dock whether on your own or in a group be sure to let the greeters know that you need your luggage on the other side of registration or take it with you when you get out of your vehicle. As I say they should have this fixed by now(we were the first cruise) but when we went we left our luggage figuring we would just go back out and get it. That didn't work because once you go through registration you are considered out of the country and can't go back. They finally agreed to work with us and our driver to get the bus over to the side we came out of and all was well, just a frustrating experience.

Archived