Thanks to Host Mach

tnsunshine

I just wanted to say thank you for all your help. You have been quick to reply when anyone has questions. I did a search for pictures and your pics from Cozumel have been very helpful and SO pretty. No matter how many times someone ask the same questions (ex.taxi fares in Cozumel) you have answered without being rude about repeating the answers. I wish all poster would take a lesson from your post. You can be helpful without being hateful! I am leaving on the Freedom in 10 days and I just wanted to say thanks for the help!

Thanks so much for your kindness, guys...

I came here, just over two years ago, to ask one question. Many people were warm, welcoming and informative. I stuck around to return that favor as I could.

It's a pleasure to be able to help, to provide answers and do what little I can do to make the cruise experience better for our Cruise Critic members...

:)

My hat's off to Mach too! His quick repsonse and knowledge of burying ashes at sea were greatly appreciated by my wife and I. We are strongly considering adding this info into our wills, and wouldn't have know what to do without his help.

Thanks, Mach! We sure are greatful that you're here to help answer our thousands of questions! Keep up the good work!

:cool:Bill

I also want to thank Host Mach for all his help, here on the board and when I needed your help a month of so ago.

BTW Mach, I have been on vacation and I see that the CC countdown clocks are not working. Is this just a technical problem, or are we not going to have to clocks anymore?

Thanks so much for your kindness, guys...

I came here, just over two years ago, to ask one question. Many people were warm, welcoming and informative. I stuck around to return that favor as I could.

It's a pleasure to be able to help, to provide answers and do what little I can do to make the cruise experience better for our Cruise Critic members...

You are awesome! Promise to never leave!!!!!!! You have helped soooo many including me! Thanks so much!

I also want to thank Host Mach for all his help, here on the board and when I needed your help a month of so ago.

BTW Mach, I have been on vacation and I see that the CC countdown clocks are not working. Is this just a technical problem, or are we not going to have to clocks anymore?

Thanks for your kind words...

Regarding the countdown clocks... they seem to be working for some folks and not for others. I can see all the countdown clocks.

It seems to be a function of the server that you hit when you log on. The cookies that your computer receives from our server brings you back to the same machine and that may be the source of the problem.

Try this... under 'tools' on your browser click 'internet options' and then delete your temporary internet files and cookies. Once done, close your browser, reopen it and come back to Cruise Critic and see if the countdown clocks have come back...

Mach maybe you can guide me to guide others.

On our roll call it turns out that everyone really has become friendly and there are quite a few people who would like to be seated together as they already are set for late seating. How can they go about setting it up prior to boarding getting them all seated together??

You know everything I know....

Mach maybe you can guide me to guide others.

On our roll call it turns out that everyone really has become friendly and there are quite a few people who would like to be seated together as they already are set for late seating. How can they go about setting it up prior to boarding getting them all seated together??

You know everything I know....

That could be a wee bit tricky depending on how y'all booked...

The trick is to get your bookings 'linked'. If some of you went through a TA and some through Carnival you'd have to depend on the TA to link all the bookings... don't know if he/she would want to put out the effort to link bookings that he/she didn't get paid for.

It's worth asking the question, though... Gather up all the booking numbers and see if the TA will link 'em!!

Mach,

I am going with a group of 7 in October on the Destiny, would they be able to tell a couple of days before the sailing if we all will be seated together?

Thanks so much :)

Nope, Crystal... you're in the same boat as Azrayne... You need to get your bookings linked.

Perhaps someone's TA will be good enough to call Carnival and do the link thing for you...

....."Host Mach is Great" Bandwagon!

He helped me out last year to get something done for my son on board our B2B and then again helped me out for my Birthday Cruise.

Thanks Mach! Anytime I can ever do anything for you just ask!

:D

wasiii

Host Mach helped set up a M&M for our CC group on the Conquest. We had a private room and the CD showed up for about a hour. The CD spoke to almost everyone in our group. Our CC meeting time and place was also in the Capers. He made our cruise more enjoyable.

Thanks again Host Mach.

Mach, I too have learned so much from reading all your post.

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I will be saililng with about 35 twitter friends on the Destiny the end of August and we would love to get a group picture with either the captian or the CD. Where would be a good place to start working on this request?

Mach, I too have learned so much from reading all your post.

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I will be saililng with about 35 twitter friends on the Destiny the end of August and we would love to get a group picture with either the captian or the CD. Where would be a good place to start working on this request?

Email me, please!!

Thanks for your kind words...

Regarding the countdown clocks... they seem to be working for some folks and not for others. I can see all the countdown clocks.

It seems to be a function of the server that you hit when you log on. The cookies that your computer receives from our server brings you back to the same machine and that may be the source of the problem.

Try this... under 'tools' on your browser click 'internet options' and then delete your temporary internet files and cookies. Once done, close your browser, reopen it and come back to Cruise Critic and see if the countdown clocks have come back...

Thanks Mach, but it did not work. I did get one though. I will be sailing in two weeks so I am sure the next time I book a cruise the count down clock thingy ;) will be working.

I will echo what others have said about Host Mach (I remember when he was just "MachMan") and his friendliness and responsiveness. I don't know where he finds the time to respond to everyone on this board, reach out to his contacts at CCL and still hold down a real job but my hat's off to him! ;)

Archived