Mykonos taxi at the port

sjc35

We are planning to take the ferry to Delos ourselves. Celebrity charges $10 pp for shuttle service from port to downtown, I was told taxi should be cheaper for the whole family for that distance. Are there any taxi at the port? and how much is it? Also if we have to take the shuttle, how to get to the ferry station? Thanks in advance.

We are planning to take the ferry to Delos ourselves. Celebrity charges $10 pp for shuttle service from port to downtown, I was told taxi should be cheaper for the whole family for that distance. Are there any taxi at the port? and how much is it? Also if we have to take the shuttle, how to get to the ferry station? Thanks in advance.

in Mykonos there are 10-15 taxi and these taxi all day and all night "run" without stop.. you must have HUGE LUCK for find a taxi at cruise ships pier! you better use shuttle service..

Fafos is so right! On our visit to Mykonos last month, Saturday, June 5, we were told that one guy owns all the taxis on Mykonos, and that there only are 15.

Our ship had tendered us directly to Delos in the AM, so we arrived for only a four-hour visit to Mykonos in the PM. We planned to take a taxi to Paradise Beach (my being wed to Mr. Anti-Shopper). Well, there were at least a dozen people waiting for taxis at the stand, including half with luggage who said that they had been waiting more than an hour! (Granted it was a Saturday.)

We shelved that plan and went to Plan B, strolling through Little Venice up to the windmills, doing a bit of shopping (no problem for me) , and then back to the ship.

Thanks Fafos and Cintipam for the information. It is so nice for you to spend time sharing information and helping others. I've learned a lot from you to prepare my upcoming trip in one week.

Fafos, you mentioned raining, so you suggest we bring umbrellas? Can't imagine walking around Oia in rain:(.

Cintipam, did you take the Solstice? It says tender in Mykonos, but several people said the dock.

Have a good day!

Thanks Fafos and Cintipam for the information. It is so nice for you to spend time sharing information and helping others. I've learned a lot from you to prepare my upcoming trip in one week.

Fafos, you mentioned raining, so you suggest we bring umbrellas? Can't imagine walking around Oia in rain:(.

Cintipam, did you take the Solstice? It says tender in Mykonos, but several people said the dock.

Have a good day!

The rains are not frequent in the Cyclades islands (which is why the houses have a strange construction of the roof) .. after September everything is possible ..

Mykonos new pier has made it for 2 ships at dock.. if there isn't other ship(s) maybe you dock... if has strong air the dock is very difficult..

Thanks Fafos and Cintipam for the information. It is so nice for you to spend time sharing information and helping others. ...Cintipam, did you take the Solstice? It says tender in Mykonos, but several people said the dock.

Have a good day!

One week to go; how exciting! Have a wonderful trip!

We were on Oceania Nautica (great food and service, country-club casual dress, no assigned tables or meal times, 684 passengers max).

We tendered right into Mykonos Town. Our cruise director told us that he never had seen the water so calm, like glass, a huge contrast to our attempted visit last September on the same ship where we simply could not tender at all, so sailed a few hours on to the island of Milos, where we hit the lovely beaches there for the afternoon.

in Mykonos there are 10-15 taxi and these taxi all day and all night "run" without stop.. you must have HUGE LUCK for find a taxi at cruise ships pier! you better use shuttle service..

I am in my 60's and we walked to town, maybe 10-15 minutes and it was a pleasanat walk. I had had knee surgery 6 months earlier and had no problem. I can't imagine taking a shuttle unless you are handicapped.

It is on the water not too far past Little Venice. Anyone can point it out. It is an easy walk.

I am not handicapped but I would not walk !!!! The road is not long but it is very narrow and no side or sidewalks...... big tour buses and trucks coming and going...... We spoke with a few folks who walked over but didnt want to walk back !!!!!

I am in my 60's and we walked to town, maybe 10-15 minutes and it was a pleasanat walk. I had had knee surgery 6 months earlier and had no problem. I can't imagine taking a shuttle unless you are handicapped.

I would agree with the other posters about the traffic along this road. It's about 2 kilometers to the edge of the town, and most of that is along a road without sidewalks. Once you get to the edge of town you can turn off the main road, of course.

I would agree with the other posters about the traffic along this road. It's about 2 kilometers to the edge of the town, and most of that is along a road without sidewalks. Once you get to the edge of town you can turn off the main road, of course.

We walked on a little back street near the water, absolutely no traffic at all. There were some restaurants, bars, etc. We got some great pictures of little wooden boats, typical of Greece. As I said it was no problem. We went past Little Venice and many shops and restaurants and purchased the first ferry to Delos. We were early so walked around for awhile before going to Delos.

We walked on a little back street near the water, absolutely no traffic at all. There were some restaurants, bars, etc. We got some great pictures of little wooden boats, typical of Greece. As I said it was no problem. We went past Little Venice and many shops and restaurants and purchased the first ferry to Delos. We were early so walked around for awhile before going to Delos.

There isn't any other street from cruise ships pier to Mykonos.. only a main street with dangerous traffic...

Archived