12:45 flight from West Palm Beach?

amilicia

I know it's probably cutting it close, but I can get a great rate out of West Palm Beach Int'l. We're cruising the NCL Pearl in October and we get back into Miami at 8am on a Sat., is it cutting it too close to get to West Palm Beach from POM for a 12:45 flight? I'm thinking it would be most cost effective to just rent a car by POM and return it to PBI airport. Any thoughts?

IMO that is cutting it too close.....you need to be at the airport an hour before and PBI is probably an hour or a little more from POM.....

and that is assuming the ship is on time......

can you get a later flight??

We are also sailing on the Pearl on Halloween. We have a return flight from Fort Lauderdale at 11:51 am. We've cut it close on two previous cruises. In LAX we had no problem with express walk off and taking a shuttle to the airport. We had plenty of time. When we did the same out of New Orleans, our ship was 2 hours late due to traffic on the Mississippi and we had our luggage sent to the port, so we had to wait. We did make it to the airport with no time to spare. With both of those cruises, the trip to the airport didn't take but 15 - 20 minutes. Our trip to FLL will take a bit longer, but we are going to gamble and again do express walk off, because we got a great deal on that flight. Two one way tickets costs us $109 and that was total for both of us. How could we pass it up. This could however, be the time we aren't so lucky and it costs us more in the long rung. If you tend to worry, I would take a later flight.

Archived