Ventura Delayed

ROSEBASKETS

I see that Ventura is in Gibraltar this morning, as per schedule. Indeed, apart from the reversal of Corsica & Cannes, she's kept to her published schedule since reaching the Med. Let's see what time she leaves Gibraltar. Her scheduled call is 'Morning' so if she's still there this afternoon then she's still got a problem.

(Incidentally: is Gibraltar on UK time or Spanish time? - I've never been there.)

(Incidentally: is Gibraltar on UK time or Spanish time? - I've never been there.)

Never been there !!

Didn't think there was a cruise that left U.K. that didn't stop there, you may enjoy your first visit but once is really enough;)

It looks like Ventura did indeed stay at Gibraltar for the afternoon. However she's moving now (4:10 BST/5:10 Spanish time).

I'm not sure if we'll ever find out what was wrong at the start of the cruise.

If she can leave Gib. at 17.10 CET and still get home for Friday morning on this occasion why haven't P&O made Gib. a full day stop in the first place?

Would the port fees be that much extra? Would the fuel cost that much more? I'm sure pax. would enjoy the full day more and have 2 days sailing back to the UK rather than having to put up with an extra few hours at sea.... Just a thought!

Visited Venturas webcam this morning and there was a technical note up saying they were sorry for no pictures due to her being "out of range". Where is she? The ends of the earth? :eek: The back of Beyond? :confused:

YES Southampton :D

I just got back from that very sailing weather was fantastic. we did swap this and that round but it made no difference to the overall criuse. Mind who ever said the ventura was like butlins at sea were spot on, the food was also a bit disappointing. All this however didn't effect the overall holiday.

At the risk of opening a very old wound just which Butlins are you comparing Ventura to? I would love to know so I can book in for the next month.

Is it fair on families about to sail on the Ventura, having saved all year to pay for their costly trip, to hear this repetitive and inaccurate comparison rolled out again?

In my humble opinion Ventura lives up to its billing. It is a family ship, full of children of all ages and designed to provide them with a quality, modern cruise with some more traditional elements.It is loud and boisterous at times but there are also many quieter areas and activities. If that is not the product you wish to purchase then there seem to be plenty of other options available. If the Ventura does not suit your own needs it does not mean it will not suit others.

Mind you on second thoughts please continue the criticism so great discounts are available again next year. Spread the word- do not sail on the Ventura!!

Why do you assume that to compare Ventura to Butlins is insulting and inaccurate? I was most recently at Butlins in October last year and I think that as regards the somewhat loud and tacky entertainment, the crowds, the sailaways atmosphere, the children's clubs and the bun-fight of the self-service areas are rather close matches. But who's saying that's a bad thing?

If you like Butlins, you'll LOVE Ventura because it's even better :D

Berlingo, have you actually been to Butlins or are you just objecting to the comparison? If the former, how did you find it? If the latter, why are you talking about something you've never experienced?

At the risk of opening a very old wound just which Butlins are you comparing Ventura to? I would love to know so I can book in for the next month.

Is it fair on families about to sail on the Ventura, having saved all year to pay for their costly trip, to hear this repetitive and inaccurate comparison rolled out again?

In my humble opinion Ventura lives up to its billing. It is a family ship, full of children of all ages and designed to provide them with a quality, modern cruise with some more traditional elements.It is loud and boisterous at times but there are also many quieter areas and activities. If that is not the product you wish to purchase then there seem to be plenty of other options available. If the Ventura does not suit your own needs it does not mean it will not suit others.

Mind you on second thoughts please continue the criticism so great discounts are available again next year. Spread the word- do not sail on the Ventura!!

I have been to butlins, and the centre swimming pool on the ventura has exactly the same vibe ecept the children on ventura were much worse behaved.In fact even the adult only pool was full of showing off teenagers.I'm not complaining so I wont even mention the sunbeds, or the miserable staff.

Archived