Carnival Family -- HELP

I have officially cruised and as you all know from experience, I am addicted. Now I want to cruise again next year, but prefer to leave from NYC. It is easier. But I don't see many different sails. I love the Miracle, but the iteniary is the same. Don't know much about RCCL, or Princess. We are a young family, DH 38, me 34, son 9, and being New Yorkers love to party. Will we have fun like the Miracle? RCCL seems a little more expensive. Princess looks to be an older crowd. Would love to do carnival another ship, but no options.

Carnival family HELPPPPPPPP!!! :confused::(

We're from NJ and are going on the Carnival Pride (sister ship to Miracle) out of Baltimore...less than 3 hr drive to the port :D And the price for a holiday cruise was very affordable.

We love RCCL...you should try the Explorer out of Bayonne...the ship is beautiful...my family prefers RCCL but it is more expensive than Carnival. My kids are older than yours but I do hear very good things about the kids camp on RCCL. Never been on Princess so I can't help you there.

I second what the previous poster stated....why not out of Baltimore? The Pride does different Eastern and Bahamas cruise and is not too far away to drive. Also, the Triumph sails out of NYC to Canada. Looks like there are lots of options to me! :D

Just wanted to add as well there is a 6 day Bermuda cruise on the Miracle April 15, 2010 that would be interesting to take.

I love going out of NYC too. EoS out of Bayonne is a lot of fun and it's a nice ship. Not sure why RCI is more expensive; I noted that some time back. It's not worth more $ IMO.

Princess is older crowd if you sail longer than 7-night itinerary. 7 nighters were the same age groups as RC and others. Norwegian goes out of NYC too--Gem is a relatively new and quite nice.

I hope Carnival changes ships around, Princess too, so we get to try new (at least new to us) ships out of NY.

Princess is an older crowd and Royal Caribbean has a great kids program. And there is Baltimore for Royal Caribbean and Carnival and Bayonne for Royal Caribbean. Baltimore is not a bad drive at all and it's another option. I am going to try Baltimore next as I've been out of Bayonne a couple times already and am not fond of the Triumph.

Archived