Ladies, what made you choose a cruise for your wedding?

Hey Ladies (first off wow Megan you only have 15 days left I know you're so excited....)

Now lol we chose a cruise bc:

1. We love love love cruising
  2. Price price price
  3. FI wanted a wedding like Martin and Gina's (minus Bayface singing lol) (from the Show Martin lol):rolleyes:
  4. Liked the idea that this wedding would ween out the ppl who just want to come and see vs the ppl who really care about us. I have a very very very large fam as well as I have numerous friends from school and sorors so our wedding at home would have been a big and expensive event
  5. After reading the book Vows (i think thats the title) I decided that I wanted a very sacred ceremony and what better place to do that than on a beach

Now clearly we're not having the traditional cruise wedding bc we are getting married on the beach and we aren't working with the carnival for anything re the wedding, but we like the idea of having our families and friends sail with us. We cruised alone last fall and to be honest it was kinda borig at times. I mean it was romantic but I sure would have enjoyed partying with my line sisters and girlfriends some time (instead of just partying with my fi) soo we decided that the cruise would be a cheaper option to get ppl to vacay with us for our wedding. And we picked a great cruise on the Carnival freedom it's 8 days and we visit san juan, st thomas, tortola, antigua and nassau. Ppl paid between 600-1000 for the cruise. That was an unbeatable price.....

My fiance and I had a little bit of a different reason. We originally planned a date of 3-22-2011 at the Disneyland Resort for about $33k. There was no changing my fiances mind. He thought that is what i really wanted. There was a HUGE amount of drama with his friends over the wedding and he said to me one day lets get married on the cruise (an alternative I had suggested about 6 months before). So here we are. We are saving about $20k but that was NEVER what this was about. This was about having something NO else had. We love the idea of having something so unique and interesting and having all of our friends and family there with us. At this point we have 50 people about half and half sailing and non sailing.

When we got engaged, my fiance said he wanted to have a traditional wedding with all of our family and friends. I wanted something small, because my parents both come from large families, and I've kept in touch with almost every friend I've had since kindergarten. Our original guest list was over 300 people. Even if we could afford to have that many people, I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much money for people I don't see often to come eat and drink with us.

I began planning the traditional wedding only to get majorly frustrated a few months into it. I finally told my fiance that either he's going to plan it or we're going to city hall....cause I wasn't stressing about it anymore. He then agreed to explore other options. We both have teenage brothers, so we wanted to have it somewhere where they'd enjoy themselves too. Once I saw that the cruise ship had a teen club and a basketball court...I knew that's where we had to get married. Surprisingly, he loved the idea, as did both of our families.

:D

It's lovely to hear all your stories.

Me and my FH were planning a slightly traditional wedding at home with all the family etc.... but the budget got the better of us, mind you so did all the choosing a venue, choosing food, choosing people...oh the stress!! We decided we would get married on a cruise as he popped the question on the Independence last year and it seems perfect.

Now we've made the decision, it was so easy to pick a ship and a cruise. We wanted somewhere different, were we hadn't cruised before and we wanted to go on the Oasis of the Seas (all the promo stuff was on the Independence so it's always been a dream to go on there :D) So the Caribbean here we com, woohoo sooooo excited and I've still got to wait till March 2010 to book everything so I'm trying to suss everything out beforehand so when I come to book I know exactly what I want. Just need to work out a way to control my excitement :D:D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...

For us the reason why we decided on the wedding cruise is because we live in Phoenix, AZ and all of my family lives in South Carolina. His family lives in Montana. So it just made sense to have a wedding cruise...this eliminated the cost of hotels, food, and renting cars, etc. Plus it ended up much cheaper for us to do it in Jamaica even with us paying for our mothers and paying for my minister and his wife. My minister will be the one performing the ceromony in Jamaica.

we are renewing our vows. we decided to get married jan 05 and got married that april in a church and small restaurant reception. due to finances and what not we only had 60 people come to that event. i had the best time and the entire day cost us $5000, not bad for nyc.

now that we are renewing our vows we want everyone to be there. the last few years had been rough and this renewal is like a new beginning for us. we picked the carnival valor because it is affordable to us and our guests. it is slowly turning into a huge celebration of not only our marriage but life. i.e. honoring uncles's 60th b-day, another couple may renew vows as well, etc. etc.

Archived