Question: Queen Victoria - Room 5092

mikjr

We've just booked the QV for 2011 to Hawaii. This will be our first cruise on Cunard. In the past, we've cruised HAL, Celebrity, and Princess.

My question has to do with our room, Category A4, Room 5092.

From the image on the Cunard website, it looks as if the balcony is larger than most due to the curve of the rail at that part of the ship.

Am I seeing this correctly?

Also, any comments about the QV would be appreciated. the date is a long ways off, but it never hurts to build a little excitement early!

thanks

It looks as if it could be marginally larger, though the extra little bit (which is tiny, and doesn't look particularly useful) on the curvature may belong to the adjoining cabin, which is a PG: it is impossible to tell from the deck plan, as they haven't put a dividing line in.

I would ring Cunard or and ask them. Probably 10 times, then take the majority answer;).

Mary

My question has to do with our room, Category A4, Room 5092. From the image on the Cunard website, it looks as if the balcony is larger than most due to the curve of the rail at that part of the ship. Am I seeing this correctly? thanks

Hi. I'm looking at a photo of QV's port side and cabin 5092. The balcony doesn't include any of the curve (this belongs to 5094). Sorry. In fact, as you stand on your balcony, you have a white bulkhead to your left (aft) of the balcony. I'm on QV later this year and will check this for you and take a picture.

Interestingly, the cabin above yours (6090, whose balcony overhangs 5094) does appear to have the whole of the curve and a bigger balcony. But it's an A3.

Hope this helps. Bon Voyage!

5092 just has a standard sized balcony, but it is in a good position. It is near enough to the main elevators to be convenient, but far enough away that you should not be too bothered by the noise.

The QV is a wonderful ship, we loved every minute of being on her last summer! Enjoy your trip.

Lesley

Hi All,

As Safarigal said, the balcony is a standard size. Previously it has been shown incorrectly on some plans as having a much larger balcony. It is in a good central position. The angle of view from the balcony is greatly restricted by the white bulkhead that projects several feet beyond the railing of "your" balcony on the aft side. Of course the views forward are fine.

Hope you have a great time.

Phileas

Hi All,

Previously it has been shown incorrectly on some plans as having a much larger balcony. It is in a good central position. The angle of view from the balcony is greatly restricted by the white bulkhead that projects several feet beyond the railing of "your" balcony on the aft side. Of course the views forward are fine.

So... I guess this begs the question... if the bulkhead blocks my aft view, should I try for another room. It is early on, and I'm sure I can obtain another room without obstruction.

This is our first time on Cunard, and I'd like to make sure it's as nice as possible.

thanks

Archived