Skagway / Yukon

woowoochick

We rented a car in Skagway and plan to drive to the Yukon. Would we need to convert some US dollars to Canadian dollars for the trip? If so, where did you convert the money? We plan on at least buying some lunch there. Thanks!

Just use a credit card as it is done automatically for you. I believe there are just a few places to eat, one being at the Carcross area museum, gift shop and we used American dollars for ice cream there. There is also a cute coffee shop, lunch cafe on the right hand side and is mentioned in Murray's Guide. I imagine Carcross itself has some place to eat. Not many places besides those!

We had a great time. Remember that Fraser has a restroom to use in that red building where you get checked by a border guard.

The Yukon is MAGNIFICENT .WE loved it .The ecenery is AWESOMe .That first BIG mountain I named Mount Michele ..they do not have names so I named it ...so say hello to my mountain

Emerald lake is GORGEOUS

WE went with Dyea DAve he was great!!!!.Saw a bear on the way .GReat waterfalls the train choo choing on the mountain

Dave promised the sun and delivered .SUPER DAY

YOU WILL LOVE IT

The Yukon is MAGNIFICENT .WE loved it .The ecenery is AWESOMe .That first BIG mountain I named Mount Michele ..they do not have names so I named it ...so say hello to my mountain

Emerald lake is GORGEOUS

WE went with Dyea DAve he was great!!!!.Saw a bear on the way .GReat waterfalls the train choo choing on the mountain

Dave promised the sun and delivered .SUPER DAY

YOU WILL LOVE IT

Pretty much everybody accepts American dollars at the tourist stops. Credit card is the easy way to do it.

Check out our review and pics at http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/skagway.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

We had no trouble using American cash in Caribou Crossing (or Victoria, for that matter), but just be aware that your change may be in Canadian money and you'll take whatever exchange rate they give you. (I'm not saying they'd do an unfair rate, just that you'd have to take whatever they gave.) To us, this was actually a plus, since we wanted some Canadian money of various denominations as souvenirs.

Archived