Tulum on Indy??

tugboatjulie

I really want to see Tulum while we're in Cozumel. Since it's a lengthy excursion, I've read that this one is best done with the ship. Does anyone have any experience with this on the Indy or like ships??

Thanks.

Julie

Yes, go through the ship. We did this a few years back when it was a Tulum/Xel- Ha combo tour on the Voyager of the Seas. I don't know if they still offer this combo tour. But we got back 45 minutes after the ship was supposed to depart and of course it waited for us. It's a 40 minute ferrry ride over and back and probably close to an hour drive from Playa Del Carmen to the ruins.

I did this on a land vacation a few weeks ago...if I were doing it on a cruise, I would book it through the ship. There are too many places where delays might occur. Actually, I think I would save it for a land vacation, or at least for a cruise that stops in Calica. From Cozumel you are going to spend more time on the ferry/bus and in line for the ferry/bus, than you will enjoying the ruins.

I really want to see Tulum while we're in Cozumel. Since it's a lengthy excursion, I've read that this one is best done with the ship. Does anyone have any experience with this on the Indy or like ships??

Thanks.

Julie

Hi Julie,

This is one excursion that I definitely want to take. Like everyone has mentioned I would book through RCCL. There are just too many connections you have to make and as long as your on the ships excursion the ship has to wait for you if your running late.

I'll be getting off the Freedom as your getting on the Indy or else I would have been happy to report back on how it all went.

I'm also glad we're going in January as the summer months can be brutal.

This looks like an awesome excursion. I can't wait. This will be our first time on the Freedom. Yay!

Have a great cruise:D

Liz

Thanks, posters!

Pretty cool, Liz, that you'll be just behind us. :) Glad to know some regulars wil be doing this type of excursion, too. We're new to cruising...this will be our first (other than my hs cruise which I don't count since it was YEARS ago!).

Happy sailing!

A little tip for those going to Tulum, we took bottled water and bandanas to wet down and put around our necks and were sooooooo glad we did. It is brutally hot, but well worth it. Hopefully, you will walk down the stairs and get on the beach. The beach is soo worth it, there were amazing waves and the water was cool. I could have stayed on the beach all day. Also, pay the little extra money to take the tram to the ruins, saves some walking distance. Once you get to the ruins, it is quite a walk to the top of the ruins which is where the stairs are to go to the beach. Also, no place to purchase drinks or anything, just pure beauty.

Ask away if you have any questions, it's awesome!!

Archived