Yet Another Cruising with Minors/Absent Parent Question

notme1955

I'm sorry to ask yet another question on this topic. I did a search, but didn't find anything that addressed our situation.

Our 13 year old grandson will be cruising with us, his mother, and his uncle (our 2nd son) in September.

His father (our oldest son) is currently in Iraq and won't be back until sometime later this fall. He and our grandson's mother are divorced. Since our son is in the military, it was arranged for Mom to have sole custody. This is spelled out in the divorce decree.

Does anyone know if a notarized letter is still required for Mom to travel with her son? A notarized letter might be a little difficult to get under the circumstances. Would the divorce decree be acceptable?

I'm sorry to ask yet another question on this topic. I did a search, but didn't find anything that addressed our situation.

Our 13 year old grandson will be cruising with us, his mother, and his uncle (our 2nd son) in September.

His father (our oldest son) is currently in Iraq and won't be back until sometime later this fall. He and our grandson's mother are divorced. Since our son is in the military, it was arranged for Mom to have sole custody. This is spelled out in the divorce decree.

Does anyone know if a notarized letter is still required for Mom to travel with her son? A notarized letter might be a little difficult to get under the circumstances. Would the divorce decree be acceptable?

Not a lawyer here but I would think that would do... might take a copy of his orders if you have them... and BTW very nice of you to take the ex DIL on a cruise.

Common sense was telling me that the divorce papers should be sufficient, but you never know these days! Thanks for your help.

...BTW very nice of you to take the ex DIL on a cruise.

DS and ex-DIL are in full agreement that it's important for them to get along for their son, which I'm very happy about. She's like the daughter we never had and it would make things really difficult if they were fighting all the time! The real benefit is that DGS still has his entire family and we all get along.

Tell your oldest son in Iraq, Thank you for his service.

I will certainly tell him. We're looking forward to him coming home. Probably October/November timeframe. I know he's looking forward to it. His biggest complaint right now is the heat. It was 109 the other day and he was rejoicing that it was finally cooler!

Archived