AIRFARE for December Panama sailing , info please on Acapulco airport

ajj0624

My husband and I are booked on the Dec.10 Panama sailing on Princess. I am wondering is it too early to book airfare? Does anyone have any experience with the airport at Acapulco? How long do i need to allow to get off the ship and make the earliest flight? Taxi or shuttle to airport?

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I sailed from Ft. Lauderdale to Acapulco earlier this spring. I called Princess and they suggested not booking a flight out of Acapulco before 1:00 p.m. local time. Everything went smoothly at disembarkation though and we were at the airport in plenty of time to have made the flight we wanted at 11:30 a.m. It was a long wait in the airport, and there isn't anything to do at the airport. I guess it depends whether you want to risk it or not...obviously I didn't and booked the later flight.

We took a taxi to the airport. We didn't take the taxis right where you come out of the building, but walked outside the gates and got one cheaper. They told us it was "unsafe" out there (it was 5 feet from the gate...those drivers aren't allowed inside the gate). We had the nicest taxi driver in a uniform and he got us there quickly. The people that left the ship shortly after us ended up getting caught behind an accident, but still arrived at the airport in time for their flight.

I just booked the Island Princes for 12/10 last night along with the flights. I'm not sure how cheap airfare out of ACA can get to where you want to return but I was happy to get something in the mid $400 range round trip before fees/taxes. Once they fill up those planes, the prices skyrocket.

What did it cost you for a taxi to the airport in Acapulco ? Do you know what the Princess transfer cost is ?

My husband and I sailed from Ft. Lauderdale to Acapulco earlier this spring. I called Princess and they suggested not booking a flight out of Acapulco before 1:00 p.m. local time. Everything went smoothly at disembarkation though and we were at the airport in plenty of time to have made the flight we wanted at 11:30 a.m. It was a long wait in the airport, and there isn't anything to do at the airport. I guess it depends whether you want to risk it or not...obviously I didn't and booked the later flight.

We took a taxi to the airport. We didn't take the taxis right where you come out of the building, but walked outside the gates and got one cheaper. They told us it was "unsafe" out there (it was 5 feet from the gate...those drivers aren't allowed inside the gate). We had the nicest taxi driver in a uniform and he got us there quickly. The people that left the ship shortly after us ended up getting caught behind an accident, but still arrived at the airport in time for their flight.

I just booked the Island Princes for 12/10 last night along with the flights. I'm not sure how cheap airfare out of ACA can get to where you want to return but I was happy to get something in the mid $400 range round trip before fees/taxes. Once they fill up those planes, the prices skyrocket.

Exactly the same here. We're booked on the 12/10 IP and have already booked airfare. We were quite happy to get something in the $400 range. For the OP, we booked an afternoon flight out of ACA. It just makes for less stress. As far as shuttle or taxi, we don't yet know-but we're open to suggestions here.

• 4 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong but $20 would be for my wife and I by taking the taxi outside the gate versus $90 for the both of us with Princess transfers ? Also if you got a taxi from inside the gate can you recall what the price was ?

Dave

About $20 for the taxi to the airport. It was much cheaper than the Princess transfer which I believe was about $45 per person.

My husband and I are booked on the Dec.10 Panama sailing on Princess. I am wondering is it too early to book airfare? Does anyone have any experience with the airport at Acapulco? How long do i need to allow to get off the ship and make the earliest flight? Taxi or shuttle to airport?

If you cruising on Dec10 , you better a move on and buy your Air fare.

When I book a usually book airfare as soon as possible

( approx 6 months ) before departure.:confused:

• 1 month later...

We are flying in to Acapulco 2 days prior to our Panama Canal Cruise 1/2010. We've booked the Crowne Plaza Acapulco. We've heard mixed reviews but DH is intrigued with the building. We made our reservations in May. I'ts been sold out for some time now.

I had read similar reviews but the way I look at it is that you are only staying there a short time and as long as the rooms are clean I can put up with it until we get on the cruise. We ended up booking it for the 1 night we are there pre - cruise in Feb.

If you go through the Crowne Plaza the transfer is much cheaper from the airport to hotel than dealing with private firms. For the 2 of us we are paying $28 from airport to hotel and the next day are paying $18 for the transfer to the ship. If you want the info let me know and I can give you the contact person at the Crowne Plaza. They also have tours that you can book with them at reasonable prices.

Dave

We are flying in to Acapulco 2 days prior to our Panama Canal Cruise 1/2010. We've booked the Crowne Plaza Acapulco. We've heard mixed reviews but DH is intrigued with the building. We made our reservations in May. I'ts been sold out for some time now.

Archived