Second thoughts- have I done something stupid???

Kayelache

I just booked a Frontier flight from Phoenix to SEA/TAC, arriving at 12:35 PM. I did so because the price dropped almost $100 overnight.

Our ship (HAL) sails at 5 PM from pier 91. If we miss it, we are in HUGE trouble, as we have 8 sea days before reaching Japan. I had two choices of airlines, Alaska that would have arrived SEA/TAC at 9:30 AM and this one. I chose the Frontier flight because there is no charge for checked luggage. It's a 35 day cruise, so it will be two large suitcases each- $15 for the first one, and $25 for the second, that's $40 each way or $80 RT. But I am VERY concerned about the short connection time. I have a reservation with Sunny for transportation from the airport to the pier. How long should that take?

My question is this, should I pay the $150 fee to change the reservation to the day before and also pay for an overnight hotel, or take a chance- with huge consequences if it backfires- on (a) the plane getting in on time, and (b) our luggage arriving in a "timely manner" and © having a smooth connection from the airport to the pier. What would you do?

Compared to missing the first leg of a 35 day cruise, the charges are small potatoes. Go with the safe bet.

Viv

You are flying Southwest to go to the Northwest? Do you fly Northwest when you want to go to the Southwest?

But he's originating in Phx. (which is a southwestern city) Phx is a major hub for Southwest, so you can practically fly anywhere Southwest flys from Phx with no connection.

But he's originating in Phx. (which is a southwestern city) Phx is a major hub for Southwest, so you can practically fly anywhere Southwest flys from Phx with no connection.
It was a joke. The OP got it.

Archived