Carnival Legend. How is the room I picked?

SJChaput

Going for my Honeymoon soon and was wondering if we got a good room for our cruise. Whether it is close to anything that would be noisy, how the view is likely to be... I can't make heads or tails out of the maps.

EDIT: WOW may be good to say my room number eh? Verandah deck 7220

Also can anyone recommend any beach massage services at any of my ports? We're going to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Isla Roatan. Preferably one that can give a couples massage.

When are you going? We will be on the Legend in September. I cant tell you what the room is like until then. If you go before me you can tell me what it is like as I am room 7228 and 7232, just a few room down. Maybe well be on the same cruise. My Brother will be celebrating his honeymoon as well. Me and DW are just taging along for the fun.

Haha I edited my post soon after I posted it realizing I forgot that small but essential piece of information :P

LOL - thought i'd point that out :D

here's the info from cruisedeckplans.com:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/fleet/spirit/cabin_description/verandah.htm

Cabin 7220 (8E OSTW) 185/40 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window and standard balcony; connecting balconies: yes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

and, here's the link to your deck plan:

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=LE&icid=CC_Carnival%20Legend_260

now you said you can't make much of the deck plans - so here's a little bit of a summary...

- your cabin's a standard sized balcony cabin, with a standard balcony

- your cabin is right off the atrium (lobby)

- it's right by the elevators, which is convenient

- it's right by the elevators, which may result in higher traffic from them...

- there are cabins above and below yours... so no noise from public rooms up / down

- but it's right off the atrium, so you could hear some... from there.

- but they close up pretty early relatively, compared to the disco, for instance

i highlighted your cabin in red here:

7220.jpg

all in all, a convenient location, though.

best of luck on your honeymoon :cool:

LOL - thought i'd point that out :D

i highlighted your cabin in red here:

7220.jpg

all in all, a convenient location, though.

best of luck on your honeymoon :cool:

Wow you really went the extra mile. Thank you very much that was incredibly helpful.

When are you going? We will be on the Legend in September. I cant tell you what the room is like until then. If you go before me you can tell me what it is like as I am room 7228 and 7232, just a few room down. Maybe well be on the same cruise. My Brother will be celebrating his honeymoon as well. Me and DW are just taging along for the fun.

We are going on September the 6th... When are you going?

Curious that if say I wanted to change my room to another further down the hall that is in the same category and thus the same amount of money and isn't taken if they would let me change my room.

I am not saying I would want the fuss but if I wanted to... I booked through Carnival directly, think they would let me do it?

it depends upon how you booked your cabin.

there are different fares / options offered.

there are early saver (booking early), past guest (often discounted, you pick your cabin), fun select (you chose your exact stateroom), fun saver (you choose category, but they assign stateroom), and other fares, like resident rates, senior rates (don't think that's applicable lol), cash back, or other misc. sales.

do you know how you booked your cruise?

here's an example of some of the different fares available (read the descriptions... in the 'description' column):

07-04-09-1-pride-10-18-09.jpg

I chose cash back.

It cost the SAME amount as the Fun Saver and Fun Select for my cruise date and I get $200 back.

Though do you really think the noise from the elevator / atrium is going to be an issue?

it's my understanding that when booking with the cash back option, you can indeed choose your own stateroom...

so, if you chose one, and wanted to later, you'd have a better chance of getting it changed without a fee or fuss, than if, for instance, you booked a guarantee (where you've already accepted to take any stateroom they assign you, such as with the fun saver rate).

give carnival a call and inquire if you're considering it.

i've never been on a spirit class ship so i can't comment with experience regarding the noise off the atrium / main elevator area.

i probably wouldn't TRY to book a room right there though - it's kinda the vertical hub of the ship. also, the largest bank of elevators (normal bank + atrium), which could result in higher traffic.

you might even be able to hear the elevators. again, i don't know.

this also is contingent upon - how much would extra noise bother you, when will you be in your room, etc. if there's live music in the atrium, and you can hear it from your room - but they're done by midnight... will you plan to be sleeping, or in the disco at that hour? are you a light sleeper, or a night owl that sleeps in?

there are so many variables :)

but, in short, i wouldn't TRY to book a room there. probably wouldn't mind it either, though. i'll be out late every night, am not a light sleeper, would appreciate the convenience, and even the novelty, and all that. it's kinda a personal thing :D

i hope you get whatever you want, though :cool:

We were very close to the atrium elevators and loved the location. There may be a bit more traffic, but it shouldn't be too bad unless kids are running the halls and that could happen anywhere.

You may hear the chimes from the elevators, but with the door closed it shouldn't be bad.

Wow... I think those are the two rooms we have booked on our upcoming January cruise. Connecting balcony rooms... gotta love that. Enjoy your cruise, and take good care of those rooms!

SJChaput I am going on the 19th, so you have to let me know what you think of the room. It looks like we have rooms pretty much identical.

Congrats on you wedding and have a great honeymoon.

klmorg I will take some pics of the room and let you know how they are.

SJChaput I am going on the 19th, so you have to let me know what you think of the room. It looks like we have rooms pretty much identical.

Congrats on you wedding and have a great honeymoon.

klmorg I will take some pics of the room and let you know how they are.

Awesome... thanks much!!

Going for my Honeymoon soon and was wondering if we got a good room for our cruise. Whether it is close to anything that would be noisy, how the view is likely to be... I can't make heads or tails out of the maps.

EDIT: WOW may be good to say my room number eh? Verandah deck 7220

Also can anyone recommend any beach massage services at any of my ports? We're going to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Isla Roatan. Preferably one that can give a couples massage.

Here is a link to my Legend interiors from flickr, there are a lot more Legend pics on my flickr page, feel free to look.

I was just on the Legend a few weeks ago.. i was one deck up from your room and a few doors down... the view was great! the only problem with noise was the Lido Deck chairs moving and you won't have that problem since you are on deck 7...

Archived