Multiple servings in Portofino's?

BroncosFan2010

I was wondering if it was possible to order more than one appetizer in Portofino's?? I LOVE the pasta, but would also like to try the salad and something new. Is this possible or are you charged extra on top of the $20 pp charge?

Absolutely no problem - I usually get the prawn/risotto appetizer, the salad with the gorgonzola, an appetizer portion of the mushroom pasta, the filet and tiramisu for dessert. You can even throw in a soup course if you can handle it - but remember, the portions are a lot bigger than those in the MDR. I can usually eat quite a bit, but even with avoiding the gorgeous bread basket and spreads, I about waddle out of there. People who say they eat every meal there must have a lot more control than I do - I know if I did I'd be leaving the ship wrapped in one of those big robes as nothing else would fit. Oh, and after dessert you get chocolate covered strawberries and fancy cookies, too.

Absolutely no problem - I usually get the prawn/risotto appetizer, the salad with the gorgonzola, an appetizer portion of the mushroom pasta, the filet and tiramisu for dessert. You can even throw in a soup course if you can handle it - but remember, the portions are a lot bigger than those in the MDR. I can usually eat quite a bit, but even with avoiding the gorgeous bread basket and spreads, I about waddle out of there. People who say they eat every meal there must have a lot more control than I do - I know if I did I'd be leaving the ship wrapped in one of those big robes as nothing else would fit. Oh, and after dessert you get chocolate covered strawberries and fancy cookies, too.

I ate at Portofino's back in March, but was unsure about ordering extra appetizers, although there were a few more I would have liked to have tried. The mushroom pasta was like eating ribbons of heaven! I did not care for the desserts, and we were not offered chocolate covered strawberries and cookies, although I would have liked that!

Do you know if it is possible to get the dessert from Chops instead of what is offered in Portofino's? I really like the Mud cake, and don't care for any of the desserts offered in Portofino's.

By asking nicely, my husband has always had the Mississippi Mud Cake from Chops when we dine in Portofino. There has never been a problem.

Oh this is great news! I will be sure to ask (politely) for it when we dine there! I have never been a fan of the desserts in Portofino, but LOVE that cake. It is great to hear I can enjoy my favorite food AND dessert!

Archived