Weather in Canada

Yeah that is actually a funny question. That is like asking someone in Alaska what the weather is like and having someone from Florida answer you. Actually I am assuming you are talking Atlantic Canada. Haven't cruised here, but live here. What time of year are you talking about. Summers generally will find day time temps from the high 60's to low 80's on average. Cooler at night. This summer however hasn't been so great. Lots of rain. Too much rain. More and more rain. Oh, and did I mention rain. Oh well it can only get better.

For anyone who recently came back on the Triumph, how was the weather up in Canada? what was the temperature like on the ship?

You live in NY......do you really think the weather will be that different 'up here' in Canada?? Too funny :)

We just returned from a 5 day cruise to Canada on the Triumph. The weather on Monday in St. John's was beautiful. It was sunny and in the low to mid 70's with little (if any) humidity. The next day in Halifax it rained off and on and the air was pretty humid. The temperature was probably in the low 70's. I hope this helps.

MIke-Uhm, sorry dude, but your weather network is seriously lacking in reporting the weather anywhere else but the US or US territories. The Canadian weather website WILL have the most up to date info as it comes from Enviroment Canada weather sattelites!!!!!!

I tend to watch a lot of the weather channel the morning of embarkation and I can safely say what we have for a weather network on tv is far superior.

ouch, be fair folks. OP didn't just say "what's the weather like in Canada" they specifically asked recent Triumph cruisers to let them know what the weather has been like in the last little while.

New Brunswickers and Nova Scotians could certainly help, too.

Actually, the OP asked what the weather was like in Canada AND what the temperature was on the ship. (This was our concern before we left about a month ago. It's easy to see the land temps on places like weather.ca, but difficult to judge what it will be like at sea.)

In late June/early July, the temperatures at sea were in the upper 60's to low 70's and overcast. Sunny the last day at sea for a few hours in the afternoon. No need for sweaters or jackets, but definitely not warm enough to sit out by the pool in a bathing suit. Quite foggy as well. Captain told us on the last evening that July is the foggiest month in the North Atlantic.

Eastern canada can change alot. try the weather network.ca Its hard trying to maintain my igloo in the summer though. Dont forget our currency is hockey pucks.

ROFL!!!

It might not be as funny if I didn't have a friend who was cutting his lawn in Niagara in August when tourists stopped their car (with skis on the roof) asking where the snow was...

I also recommend weathernetwork, environment canada or weather channel. I check them all when I'm travelling.

For those who responded to this post in an intelligent manner, thank you.

I live in Saint John - overall the summer so far has been a bit wet. However ``they say`` the rest of the summer should be above average temps and dryer. A nice day in Saint John would be in the mid 70`s however fog can roll in quickly and cool it off to the low 60`s.

I`m sorry you had sarcastic responses - that is not reflective IMO on how Canadians would treat a visitor. It is rude and they should think twice before `trying to be funny`` I hope your visit to the maritimes is enjoyable.

I don't know where all these new posters came from all of a sudden------out of nowhere to be rude to our visitors-----for what reason? There are several of us who, over the years, have tried very hard to make the visit a pleasant one for cruisers by answering their questions as best we can in a very courteous manner. I am embarrassed by the responses the OP has received on this thread. They are very unkind and uncalled for.

ahah I wasnt being rude at all...being cute actually...

may have come across wrong..okay maybe i shouldnt be so sensitive on these boards...cause maybe people arent being rude...

okay anyway..im in canada in vancouver, bc and today is it 34 degress celcius...98 degrees fahrenheit??

it is hot...but normall about 22-28 usually.

not sure about eastern canada..im in the western part.

It's been a lousy summer. :(

It sure hasn't been a lousy summer here in BC. It's been 85+ degrees F and sunny for weeks and weeks now with no end in sight.

Of course all of our igloos are melting and the Mounties have been allowed to take off their boots and wear sandles so our identity is slipping but, we're keeping our Nanaimo bars refrigerated so all is not lost :D.

Maybe the OP should look at changing to an Alaska cruise?

I don't think any of the answers were rude. The questions were kind of funny. That would be the same as a Canadian asking what's the weather in the United States?

It's amazing how Canadians seem to know a lot about the US, but it certainly is not the same reversed. Us Canadians certainly are not a rude nation.

Archived