From Nice to St Paul de Vence

Parapara

I was wondering how to get from Nice to St Paul de Vence by bus. Can someone tell me where to get a bus from, how much it costs, how long it takes to get there ( I can't find St Paul de Vence on our map) and how frequent the buses are?

Many thanks for any help.

I was wondering how to get from Nice to St Paul de Vence by bus. Can someone tell me where to get a bus from, how much it costs, how long it takes to get there ( I can't find St Paul de Vence on our map) and how frequent the buses are?

Many thanks for any help.

This question was just covered in detail in the past few days...please scroll odwn the board foe a few pages and I am sure you will find all the info you need.ST.P is not that easy to get to as it is up in the hills outside Nice,but doable.The newer thread has more up to date info than what I have.

I have posted detailed info on this many times so here we go again :). If you are in Nice, you should simply walk to the Gare Rouiere (bus station) which is located just north of the old town area. There is a bus that originates in this bus station, snakes its way through Nice, goes by the airport, and than turns inland at Cagnes sur Mer on the road that goes to St Paul de Vence. Expect the journey to take about 45 min (traffic in Nice can affect the time). The bus stop at St Paul de Vence is on the road adjacent to the village entrance.

Hank

I have posted detailed info on this many times so here we go again :). If you are in Nice, you should simply walk to the Gare Rouiere (bus station) which is located just north of the old town area. There is a bus that originates in this bus station, snakes its way through Nice, goes by the airport, and than turns inland at Cagnes sur Mer on the road that goes to St Paul de Vence. Expect the journey to take about 45 min (traffic in Nice can affect the time). The bus stop at St Paul de Vence is on the road adjacent to the village entrance.

Hank

Thanks, Hank.

I have been looking at this board for some weeks but have only just found out that we have a change of port and now berth in Nice overnight and then got to Villefranche next morning for rest of day. Hence haven't been looking at "How to get to----- from Nice" and with so many posts each day the slightly older ones get 'lost ' . Do you know how much the bus costs? I presume you have to pay with cash?

Once again, thanks,

Jean

Jean, I noticed that I misspelled the Nice bus station which is the Gare Routiere. And by the way, the bus # that goes between Nice and St Paul de Vence is #400...although they have a bit electric sign in the bus station that clearly tells you "St Paul de Vence" and which parking spot. As to the fare, we do not know the current fare...but I suspect it is less than 2 Euros each way. For whatever reason, the French continue to subsidize their local buses and have kept the fares very low, while they have allowed the train fares to rise not to mention the outrageous tolls on their many toll roads (we just use our credit card on toll roads).

Hank

Thank you, Hank. Thanks to you, and all the other very helpful people, I think I am confident enough for us to venture forth and do our own thing in Nice and Villefranche and we should have a fantastic 2 days!

Archived