Kenai Fjords tour, lunch, airport transfere from Seward to Anchorage

CAVE MAN

• 3 years later...

I am going on my first cruise in september on Celebrity Silhoutte. I will be in the Aqua class. 1606. I don't have very fancy evening clothes, i.e., gowns, cocktail dresses, etc. I was hoping that my slacks and nice tops would be acceptable but the more i read the more worried i am that i will not be dressed appropriately. any advice?

Has anyone done this tour? Did you enjoy it? Thank you for any thoughts you might give me. We will be on the Millie Sept. 4

Carla

We went with Kenai Fjords Tours and did the 6-hour National Park Tour on a catamaran. It was our favourite of all the excursions that we did in Alaska. The scenery was amazing and the wildlife was incredible. I highly recommend a Kenai Fjords tour.

One thing that several people told me was to make sure you take one of the longer Kenai Fjords tours (6 hours or more). I was told that the shorter tours don't get out of Resurrection Bay and that you miss a lot of things that are only seen on the longer tours.

We did the Kenai Fjord trip on our own many years ago on our trip to Alaska before our cruise. It is still one of the most beautiful places we have ever seen. Please do it if you have a chance. I'm never quite sure whether to believe comments about cruise ship tours because sometimes people who only do cruise ship tours may not be quite as critical as ones who have experienced a greater variety of options. Thought you might like hearing from someone who has experienced both. You will never forget the beauty you experience at Kenai Fjord.

We took advantage of the Kenai Fjords excursion at the end of our cruise to fill a long empty day until our red-eye flight. It was a very nice day. The luncheon that they served on the boat was delicious, although I will say that they really crammed a lot of people into a small space. The emphasis was on wildlife and you'll most likely be seeing eagles, puffins, and sea lions at the bare minimum. Oh, we also saw jellyfish and otters in the water at the docks before we even boarded the tour boat. We chose the tour that included the SeaLife center in Seward. It was well worth the visit and we didn't really feel rushed at all. We loved the convenience of having our luggage stored on the bus for us all day.

Archived