Mazatlan Frank or Randi's Happy Horses?

StrikeEagle7

DH and I are traveling with our 13 and 16 year old sons. Everyone raves about Mazatlan Frank's your. We are currently reserved on his 4 hour tour but not sure the boys will really enjoy it. Would Rndi's Happy Hprses be a better tour when traveling with them. I have tried to get them to do zip lines but they are not interested at all. So between Mazatlan Frank or Randi's Happy Horses for those with teen boys what would you recommend?

And where does Randi's stop for lunch?

See here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1029783 for my Randy's Happy Horses review.

I have done both and both are EXCELLENT. But you mentioned teenage boys and i think if i had teen age boys i would lean to Randy since the boys would enjoy the horses and then afterword playing on the beach and in the ocean.

Again Frank is great and has a GREAT tour so either way you cant go wrong.

Loved your review. The kids really want beach time and your review was awesome. Sounds like Randi's it is. Do you remember if there were boogie boards to rent close by?

While i dont know for sure i am going to bet Victor had some. He had ATV's and i remember other things with them. If not i looked at my pictures to see if i could see any at victors but if not it looks like the place next door had them.

6054_1193228107608_1135582351_30619946_6517346_n.jpg

See them in the upper left corner of the photo? Victor didnt have Margaritas but that place next door did. I bet if you walked over and bought a couple they would let the kids use the boards while you drank the drinks. ;)

Thank you soooooo much. That was so nice of you to look through your pictures. Knowing my boys as I do I think that while Mazatlan Frank would be good they will get antsy at some of his stops and shopping. So we'll save him for our next trip and do Randi's instead. Beach time is a MUST for us desert dwellers and the fun of the horse ride and then some beach time after the awesome meal everyone talks about sounds great. At the restaurant do they serve boring old quesida's fo rmy picky eater son?

Sorry I don't know anything about Mazatlan Franks but have toured with Randi MANY times. Love it, they meet you right at the cruise terminal, arrange cabs to waterfront, boat to Stone Island. All the riding is done on Stone Island both along the beach and through the jungle. Horses are really great, you can actually get a gallop out of them if you want. If your boys like riding, they will love this tour. Don't remember the name of the restaurant but is family owed right on Stone Island (price of lunch is not included). Not your typical idea of a restaurant. All tables are outside on the beach, very "rustic", food is reasonable and their shrimp is delicious.. She gives you plenty of time to walk on the beach, just relax, or take a swim. There are a lot of beach vendors but Randi will shoo them away if they are bothering you. Then it's back to the boats and return to waterfront where she will usually give you a choice to going back to the ship or going downtown to shop (make your own way back). I have been to Mexico quite a few times and always make it a point to visit Randi. In my opinion, it's one of the best if not the best tour around and very reasonably priced. I will be going back to Mazatlan in a couple of months but, sadly, won't be horseback riding this trip. Hope the info helps.

We have also gone with Randi and with Frank. Each takes most of the day. I think Frank has a new tour or two of Stone Island,that might include Randy. We may talk to him about that. When we went with Frank, we were alone and went all over the place for the whole day.

Victor didnt have Margaritas but that place next door did. I bet if you walked over and bought a couple they would let the kids use the boards while you drank the drinks. ;)

Question, I have been trying to find this one out for a while and haven't gotten a definitive answer before. Were you able to bring the margaritas from the place next door over to victor's? We are doing Randi's in a few weeks and I would love a margarita while there. Thanks!

Question, I have been trying to find this one out for a while and haven't gotten a definitive answer before. Were you able to bring the margaritas from the place next door over to victor's? We are doing Randi's in a few weeks and I would love a margarita while there. Thanks!

I dont think it would be a issue. I personally didnt do it but i remember someone saying you could buy them next door and people were walking to and fro with beers and what not. Since its all open on a beach i doubt they would care as long as your buying lunch and drinks from Victor's as well.

I dont think it would be a issue. I personally didnt do it but i remember someone saying you could buy them next door and people were walking to and fro with beers and what not. Since its all open on a beach i doubt they would care as long as your buying lunch and drinks from Victor's as well.

Thanks! Can't wait for our turn, counting the days!

Archived