Who wants to go Rafting? Jan 04 on Horizon

DrummerDaveB

Ok, so Im about to book a white water rafting tour with *****.com, for Jan 4th. We are sailing on the Celebrity Horizon.

The tour company offers a discount for groups of 5 or more.

Who wants to join us?

The rafting tour includes:

"transportation(round trip), equiqment, lunch, specialized

guide. No extra charges after this payment.

The cost of the tour per person is $75 USA (all included)

You dont have to worry we will carry you and bring you back to

the cruise ship port. "

We plan to raft the class IV Reventazon. (FYI, I wouldnt really recommend this if you've never rafted before. Class 4's are very challenging, but tons of fun, and you have to work really hard if you want to keep the raft upright.)

So, if you would like to join us, I can give you all the info I have on it, and we can add you to our group. The more people we have, the bigger the discount.

Feel free to post, or email me at dcbaumann@hotmail(dot)com. Of course, replace the (dot) with a . - I hate spam.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note.

Just got back from Brilliance cruise (limon)

Did the rafting tour from cruise line.. beware.. they tout it as Class 3-4.

It was only 1-2 that day.

Make sure if you book directly w/Mario that they put you in river higher upstream.. otherwise it's a paddle float tour w/maybe 4 rapids. RCCL uses Rio Tropicales as source.. LOUSY.

Carolyn

Ooooh. I'm so disappointed. Should we cancel? We have this excursion booked through RC on our Brilliance cruise in a couple of weeks. I thoroughly researched it and Rios Tropicales came as the most highly recommended tour operator. I tried to book on my own, but they had an exclusive contract with Rc, so I could not. Now, I'm in a quandry about what to do as this is an expensive excursion.

I met w/Mario after we got back from excursion (from the ship). Mario uses a different company (not Rios Tropicales) and if you can get a few people together I wouldn't hesitate to go with him instead of the ship (was a cattle excursion.... over 150 folks in 4 buses).

Carolyn

vossjemi,

as far as rios tropicales goes... I was NOT impressed with them. The guide we had (on our raft) said that they usually put rafts in higher up river (to get a few more rapids in) but she was new to the area (from Montreal) and she had only be "working" that river for a week. Perhaps she was wrong about where they put rafts in with the "cruise" day tour vs. those booked for a more experienced rafting experience.

Carolyn

Archived