What's the biggest difference I will notice between the Conquest Class & Spirit Class

Ykgorbie

We're thinking about booking our 3rd cruise, a costly adventure given that we live in the Arctic. Our first two cruises were on The Pride and The Miracle, respectively. We loved the Caribbean and are thinking of doing an Eastern Caribbean itinerary on the Freedom in Oct.2010. What will be the biggest differences we will notice between the Freedom and the Pride/Miracle ??

Thanks !

The Freedom will have a fish and chips station at the back of the lido restaurant and up the stairs. Also at lunch time they have a mongolian style grill area where you select your veggies and choose a meat and they will cook it in a wok or similar.

The Freedom will also have a chapel unlike the Spirit class which has a conference room that is sometimes used for weddings.

conquest class ships have the sliding sky dome over the aft pool, not mid ship.

at the midship pool on lido, there will be the seaside theater / movie screen.

also - this area on conquest class is raked (like stadium seating).

conquest class ships have 2 main dining rooms, with the galley (kitchen) between them. this makes getting from front to back impossible in this area - which perplexes many.

the lido deck area is set up a bit different.

and... there are more passengers on conquest class.

The Freedom will have a fish and chips station at the back of the lido restaurant and up the stairs. Also at lunch time they have a mongolian style grill area where you select your veggies and choose a meat and they will cook it in a wok or similar.

The Freedom will also have a chapel unlike the Spirit class which has a conference room that is sometimes used for weddings.

The Spirit does have a chapel. It is located on the Atlantic Deck (Deck 3) between the Shanghai Piano Bar and Chippendale Library and Internet area.

The Pride, Legend, and Miracle (All Spirit Class) also have chapels located on the Atlantic Deck (Deck 3), between their respective piano bars and libraries/internet areas.

One way to compare vessel layouts is to go to the deck plans section for each ship in the fleet. The Spirit class is all laid out the same. Just the names of the rooms have changed to accomodate each ships decor/style.

You can do the same with the Conquest Class. Once you are familiar with both, it is just a matter of preference. Folks have said the Spirit Class is easier to navigate around, due to its layout. We'll find out in Nov 09. :D

I'm one of those that think the Spirit class is a better layout than the Conquest class. That being said, I won't let it stop me from sailing a Conquest class if I find an itinerary I like better. I also would never let it bother me.

Archived