Charging to non US$ credit cards

2irisheyes

If using a non US$ credit card for ship account will Azamara still charge it is US$. When on Celebrity they changed it to sterling (at their very unfavourable exchange rate) before charging to account although we had stated that we wanted the card charge in US$. It was corrected eventually several weeks after the cruise and a refund given for the difference.

Susan-M, thanks for info. On Celebrity I opted on the account form to be charged in US$ but they ignored it. It was a common complaint last year about X. Hopefully Az will not ignore the instruction but I will do as you did and confirm with guest relations.

azamara certainly got it right for me in January charging $ to my £ card as I wanted whereas I have had problems with Celebrity. Make sure you highlight the box on the express boarding pass that you print off - I use a very bright pink highlight pen just in case

Susan-M, thanks for info. On Celebrity I opted on the account form to be charged in US$ but they ignored it. It was a common complaint last year about X. Hopefully Az will not ignore the instruction but I will do as you did and confirm with guest relations.

You're welcome ... it was the problems that had been occurring with Celebrity that made me a little extra cautious with this on Azamara, and all went well.:)

We were on NCL jade recently,we had our uk card charged in dollars for a charge of 400$ we were charged £6 commision,this card has now been cut up, the conversion rate was quite good but with commision it was not good( hope this makes sense )

Tick option B on the set sail pass form which says something along the lines of 'I want my credit card company do do the conversion' and then highlight the whole row in bright florescent orange or luminous pink so it stands out..!

Thanks for all the tips. It is the problem we had with X that caused me to ask the question.

I understand what you say gosport11. We try to use our Nationwide credit card which generally gives a decent exchange rate without a charge. I know they have just started passing on some of the charge made to them by Visa for non-euro transactions but it is still better than most.

Archived