Anyone Looking For A Cruise Buddy?

TxnAquarian

Hi,

I am an avid cruiser (30+) and am looking for some new friends to cruise with. My previous cruises have been with my parents (they are getting older and prefer to stay home now) and my ex-boyfriend. So now I am hoping to find some laid-back, fun people to join for future cruises. Check out my profile on here and feel free to email me. I currently have one cruise booked for 2010 with my parents, but am up for booking another one, so let me know.

Michael

Hi.. me too... I am based in London but always looking for a hot deck to relax on...

also now single so happy to meet new people and see new parts of the world...

not sure about Chrystal ships as they are amazingly good but the average age of travellers is high because of the costs...

you can message me on here or by email..

Hi Guys,

I am also a single traveler & looking for roommate on the above cruise if interested. Rate is really good & this is new ship. Always travel Oceanview cabin & am non smoker. I've been doing lot of cruising in past few years and several transatlantic voyages which are great. Anyone interested?

Regard,

Cory

Hi Everyone :)

We're a very friendly gay couple living near Cambridge, UK and always looking for future cruise friends...

Have three cruises booked...

November 09 Canaries Independence RCCL and Celebrity Eclipse Ireland April 2010 and Independence RCCL Jan 2011 18day Med Cruise ...

Regards Mark & Dave x

True cruise-ahaulic here.

The original post addressed a cruise buddy.....I wasn't sure if that meant room share or just someone to travel with,same cruise but individual cabins.

I would love to find fun guys to travel with.....share good times especially dinner. But probably doing my own cabin...

I have done shares on RSVP and Atlantis...some great,some good, some bad......Its sharing fun times outside of the cabin that would be great.

Currently sailing Ryndam on Oct 18, Crown Princess on Dec 5.

Hope everyone gets to meet future travelmates through this thread.

Tom

Well going solo on a transatlantic Sept 5th on Celebrity Constellation, still have some room if have the time available and can get yourself a ticket as well.

Also Looking for future as well. Am planning to do Celebrity Equinox for Turkey, Greece, Egypt and Israel in September . Me 52 boyishly charming nice guy, don't drink or smokeJT1Copenhagen2008.jpg

Correction of Cruise Line info in title-Carnival Dream instead of Celebrity Dream

Hi Guys,

I am also a single traveler & looking for roommate on the above cruise if interested. Rate is really good & this is new ship. Always travel Oceanview cabin & am non smoker. I've been doing lot of cruising in past few years and several transatlantic voyages which are great. Anyone interested?

Regard,

Cory

Well going solo on a transatlantic Sept 5th on Celebrity Constellation, still have some room if have the time available and can get yourself a ticket as well.

Also Looking for future as well. Am planning to do Celebrity Equinox for Turkey, Greece, Egypt and Israel in September . Me 52 boyishly charming nice guy, don't drink or smokeJT1Copenhagen2008.jpg

Re Photo.Great idea to deliver newspapers to pay for your cruise.

Correction of Cruise Line info in title-Carnival Dream instead of Celebrity Dream

Hi Cory,

I am very interested in the Carnival Dream from Rome to New York.

Please email me as soon as possible at benref@aol.com with a phone number. I need to make a decision by tomorrow, Monday, August 17.

Thank you very much!

Ben

I've done five cruises in the past few years, two Mexican Pacific and Sea of Cortez, and three Caribbean all on Holland America with my best friend. I am forever hooked! However, I want to go by myself and wanted to get some feed back from anyone who has done a share through Atlantis or RSVP. I was thinking about the Mariner in October since I have the time off, and live in LA but didn't want to pay a full double on a balcony cabin. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

david.jpg.017eeb3e61f9bede076a16381d4a4f05.jpg

I have done shares on RSVP and Atlantis...some great,some good, some bad......

Hi Tom

I've been thinking about going on an Atlantis cruise next year but haven't been able to find any friends that want to go. So I'm considering doing a cabin share. I was wondering what your bad experiences were and if you have any suggestions

Jason

As this is not to be a thread to find a roommate, I will share some thoughts on sharing on a gay charter.

If you are sharing strictly for the monetary savings you are headed in the right direction. Most singles tell me that they spend little time in the cabin as there is so much going on all over the ship. The couples on the other hand spend more time in their cabin espeically one with a balcony to spend quiet time together.

If little time is spent in the cabin...except to sleep, shower, change, then the possible negative aspects are few.

One exception...snoring. If you are single like me and are use to sleeping at home with no noise in your bedroom...the snoring of your share could be a big, big problem. Solution...bring ear plugs and a sleeping aide if you have them. My roommate on the Atlantis cruise to Asia this year...real nice guy....he could fall asleep the minute his head hit the pillow......but his snoring......holly Cra-.

He even wore ear plugs so he wouldn't wake himself up. You cant hold that against a guy...so you accept it...but prepare for the possibility.

You set yourself up for trouble if you are expecting or hoping for "things to happen". You might be interested, and he's not or the opposite. Once there is a rejection......the atmosphere can become tense and then little things normally overlooked become something to complain about during the cruise. Dont expect anything and you wont be dissapointed...or on the other hand pleasantly suprised.

When you both meet...sit and discuss "rules" by which both are to live by and stick to them. Such as signs left out when "occupied". Keeping the cabin from getting too messy as clothes seem to spread. What hour the cabin is off limits for late night conquests.

Some room mates I have had.....were great in that they used their head and were considerate.

Some were so so in that they literally ignored me and went on their own way...no conversation even when in the cabin.

Then there were the ones that thought the cabin was theirs to do as they saw fit. Turning on lights and slamming drawers at 3 in the mornng. Bringing guys back to he cabin at 2am and then demanding me to exit so they could take care of business. One even charged things against my account and refused to go to the pursers desk to clear up the matter the day of disembarkation. Note: if doing a share check your on board account daily as the crew can make mistakes when charging to a room number on a computer screen. They are use to the same family members in a cabin.

A share can be a great thing, a so so experience and lastly a week from hell.

I have listened to lots of guys and for the most part their shares seem to go over very well. One coomon comment though has been the young guy matched with an older guy..the young guy not complaining but noting how old the guy was (25 vs 50). My guess is that the guy had expectations of more than a share and was unhappy/ disappointed.

So dont set yourself up... a share is just a money saver. Now if you can converse prior to the cruise you have the luxury of discussing each ones expectations or idiosyncracies...great. If its a match done by the travel company an you go into it blind.....be considerate , but speak up if things bother you. If he ignores your concerns see someone about it before things escalate and ruin your trip. Sharing a trip with a new friend can be a great thing....so try it and stay positive.

Tom

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to caution everyone....while this thread is borderline, it could be construed as a violation of Cruise Critic Guidelines;

Guidelines

Please review the miscellaneous section.

I'm sorry-I missed this post prior to my earlier post. I see no 'miscellaneous section' in what you linked and just want to follow the rules. Perhaps you can tell us how this thread is borderline and we can clear up any potential problems. :)

I'm sorry-I missed this post prior to my earlier post. I see no 'miscellaneous section' in what you linked and just want to follow the rules. Perhaps you can tell us how this thread is borderline and we can clear up any potential problems. :)

"Miscellaneous

Bascially, an ad is an ad. So, please no posting of "looking for roommate" type posts, tour shares (except in ROLL CALL threads), giveaways, ebay links, etc. etc. "

True cruise-ahaulic here.

The original post addressed a cruise buddy.....I wasn't sure if that meant room share or just someone to travel with,same cruise but individual cabins.

I would love to find fun guys to travel with.....share good times especially dinner. But probably doing my own cabin...

I have done shares on RSVP and Atlantis...some great,some good, some bad......Its sharing fun times outside of the cabin that would be great.

Currently sailing Ryndam on Oct 18, Crown Princess on Dec 5.

Hope everyone gets to meet future travelmates through this thread.

Tom

I am planning to go solo on Ryndam on January 3, after the Holidays rush. I just got back from the Mexican Riviera on RCCL Mariner of the Seas. The boat was wonderful, though RCCL product repeats itself. It was mainly families and a handful of family memebers that we identified each other on board. FOD was not indicated on the daily newsletter but on the bulletin board.

How do you communicate one-on-one with a Cruise Critic individual member?

Archived