Anyone Looking For A Cruise Buddy?

TxnAquarian

I was so glad to read this thread on the board as my partner and I love to cruise. However, since I am a teacher, we are only able to take a nice vacation either during the summer or over Christmas. We would like the opportunity to travel with others on a cruise/vacation in the future. We have not been on Atlantis or RSVP.

Please keep me informed if you would like a couple of guys from Kansas (Go Jayhwaks) join you. :)

Gary

To answer your question concerning contacting people that post on these boards.....

the only way I know is to either

1. Tell the poster you want to discuss off the board and then ask them for thier e-mail address

2. Ask them to contact you direct and provide your e-mail address.

I have done this in the past and had no problems.

If you are providing a work e-mail address, just let the poster know so they keep verbiage appropriate for the work place.

Happy cruising

Tom

ill be sailing on the magic the week after i believe...sept 12 - 19......should be enjoyable...love to chat some am from the orlando area as well.....

Good morning:

Do you live in the Orlando area? Do you know if the FOD on the Disney Cruises? I doubt it, though many cast members are porbably all family members.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to find someone to share cabin (so it will be cheaper) in price. I am 50, non-smoker and light drinker. Live in North Carolina and embark either Charleston, SC or Jacksonville, FL. Would like to take a cruise anytime from now or the week of Christmas but have been seeing those prices are high also. Nothing expected in return just to share a room.

I became reluctantly single about 18 months ago, and since then have found the issue of a cruise buddy somewhat vexing. I'd be interested in going on a cruise offered by Atlantis or Pied Piper (my ex and I never did one of these), but I can't get comfortable with the notion of a share, and I am not at all eager to pay twice as much for a single. I did take a Baltic cruise on Azamara Journey in June, but couldn't find anyone who had the time and/or interest to join me. I had such a good rate that going alone still made sense, but having a friend along would have been better. I've decided to start a Meetup in New York for gays and lesbians, where people can meet with others who share their enthusiasm. My thinking is that it will be fun to share experiences and information, and may well help people find a friend or two to sail with.

• 4 months later...

Hey Michael

I'm going on my first cruise in March with some friends. Interested in finding friends to cruise with so if you don't mind a relative cruise virgin, let me know! Although I sailed for 10 years with the Coast Guard, so at least I'm not a sailing virgin. Feel free to email me at robertthediver@gmail.com

I am still trying to figure out how to seek out a share.

I have had good ,so so and shares from hell. These were all blind shares arranged by the gay charter company.

I must admit having my privacy is desired but....being able to cruise twice as much by not being subjected to a surcharge is very appetizing.

Also limited time in the cabin....morning wake up and lights out time can provide fun conversation...review of the days experiences and comparing notes can provide laughter, smiles and even learning about people places things.

I am sailing on the Eurodam with RSVP in three weeks.....as a single...caching. Booked Epic in a small studio cabin in Sept (so cheap a share was not needed)...but would like to have someone to share the experience with while in separate cabins.

Also just booked the Oct RSVP Hawaiian cruise......and considering a share. I am going to ask RSVP if they can consider having a cocktail hour during a cruise for people looking for future shares. Kind of like speed dating. Being able to meet, discuss and then observe a potential share during the current cruise might result in less stressful shares.

I tried getting a meet and greet for cruisers here in Florida...to find potential roommates...but no interest was found.

Anyone else have suggestions? I keep thinking a form of networking would help find roommates.

Comments?

Robertthediver...a coasty...great! When I was in the MArine Corps...I knew many coasty's...in North Carolina and in Norfolk Va. Coastgaurd are unsung heros....that put their lives on the line.

You have to use other websites to find shares. Cruise Critic doesn't allow for it and while I'd love to post them on here I know I'd get in trouble with the moderators so I'm not going to bother but just seek it out on Google for gay cruisers, there's a few options out there. (Meet Me Onboard is just one...) :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Michael;

I am looking for a fun travel buddy.

I have never been on a cruise and I have just booked RSVP's Hawaiian Islands cruise of NCL's Pride of America. The cruise sails October 30-November 6, 2010. I am arriving in Honolulu on Wednesday.

Archived