What's appropriate casual attire on Wind? And a restaurant question.

zyytab

After reading so many nice reviews on this Board, my boyfriend and I have decided to book the 10/1 Nice to Athens cruise.

We understand the dress code for dining but are wondering about the dress code for other time onboard. Are polo shirts acceptable? And this is his question not mine--are shorts acceptable? My concern for him is whether the shorts are suitable for the weather at that time. Thank you for any information.

I am also curious about the dining choices: are the Saletta and La Terrazza included or are there extra charges? If extra charges, how much is it? Thanks.

They both require reservations but La Terrazza is included in the fare. There are charges for Le Champagne (used to be Saletta): $200/pp for the menu accompanied by wine courses; $30/pp if you are purchasing your own wine from the Premium List. Enjoy!

Zytab, glad you made your choice! We will be on the same cruise and am looking forward to the answers to your questions. We have done Regent a few times and Seabourn, but this is our first Silversea. I have read that shorts and sleeveless tops won't work for some shore excursions (Rome especially), but from looking at the climate I don't know if it is warm enough for shorts anyway. We are from Texas, and since I am shorts/skorts 9 months out of the year, I am actually looking forward to covering up for a change. When we were in France in October it was definitely not shorts weather, but it was later in the month. Hopefully someone with more pertinent experience will post. :)

Shorts and T-shirts are fine on board during the day. The attire on land depends on the city you visit and what you anticipate doing there. You need to have your knees and shoulders covered inside churches as you know. I'll changed to long pants for lunch in the dining rooms, though. Air conditioning does work, and it's too cold in shorts.

Archived