Will they really take away my wine?

suec12

I have read the policy about take on wine but will they REALLY take away a single bottle of wine that I might buy in port? I think Celebrity has a similar policy but when I cruised with them, they "looked the other way" when I reboarded the ship with a bottle or two.

We were on the Journey last December and bought back wine from ports in Spain and the Canary Islands. Guess we were lucky, no one said a word. It was nice having a glass on wine on the balcony before dinner.

When we sailed on the Journey in the Mediterranean we brought wine on board with no problem, our room steward even brought us nice wine glasses. Be sure you order the complimentary hors d'oeuvres. We couldn't believe the wonderful assortment of food they brought us to have with our wine.

When we sailed on the Journey in the Mediterranean we brought wine on board with no problem, our room steward even brought us nice wine glasses. Be sure you order the complimentary hors d'oeuvres. We couldn't believe the wonderful assortment of food they brought us to have with our wine.

wow! do they do this for inside cabins too???

Yes, you can have lovely hors d'oeuvres delivered to your cabin (inside, outside, balcony or suite) every night. There is a card you can fill out to give to your "butler" to request them. You can have tea and sandwiches or cakes instead if you prefer.

We thought they were delicious, but didn't have them every night, as they are fairly lavish, and spoiled our appetite for dinner. I never thought I'd admit to turning down food on a cruise!:D

Lisa

:o

Yes, you can have lovely hors d'oeuvres delivered to your cabin (inside, outside, balcony or suite) every night. There is a card you can fill out to give to your "butler" to request them. You can have tea and sandwiches or cakes instead if you prefer.

We thought they were delicious, but didn't have them every night, as they are fairly lavish, and spoiled our appetite for dinner. I never thought I'd admit to turning down food on a cruise!:D

Lisa

Fabulous! something to fulfill the "butler" requirement...sorry did not mean to be overly sarcastic:o. Sound great to give my mother in law and have her wait to eat dinner late as we are accostomed to:cool:

We were just on a June sailing of the Quest. They did indeed confiscate our wine in two separate ports.

They did not confiscate the small bottles of ouzo and limoncello that we bought in other ports. There is a sign when you exit that tells you that liquor will be confiscated.

As long as you realize that hit could be confiscated, it might be worth chancing.

Archived