Princess Naples Excursion NAP-BC.

Glesca

Amalfi Coastal Cruise and Pompeii.

Has anyone taken this tour?

Although this tour is listed on the Princess website, it is not included in their 2009 Adventures Ashore booklet. This suggests to me that Princess just added the tour to their itinerary this year. I’m particularly interested in the coastal cruise portion, in which the boat sails from Salerno and will make a stop at one of the following towns, Amalfi, Maiori, Minori or Vietri sul Mare.

I have read the reviews for the Princess ships since they entered the Med this year, and could find no mention of anyone taking this tour. Same result for the Ports of Call listings. I’m posting here because it is a Princess tour, and I hope to take it from the Ruby in Sept.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks, Lew.

There's a thread already on there for similar Amalfi coast cruises, and I didn't want to confuse the issue. I have informed the poster, CTGirl, of my thread here. I will continue to monitor both sites.

Give Princess a call and see if you can get a good answer to your question.

Thanks,

I probably never made this clear in my posting. It is an actual Princess tour and I have signed up for it. Because it's a new tour, I was looking for someone who had taken it as I have some questions on the boat ride.

Although this tour is listed on the Princess website, it is not included in their 2009 Adventures Ashore booklet. This suggests to me that Princess just added the tour to their itinerary this year. I’m particularly interested in the coastal cruise portion, in which the boat sails from Salerno and will make a stop at one of the following towns, Amalfi, Maiori, Minori or Vietri sul Mare.

I have read the reviews for the Princess ships since they entered the Med this year, and could find no mention of anyone taking this tour. Same result for the Ports of Call listings. I’m posting here because it is a Princess tour, and I hope to take it from the Ruby in Sept.

Got off the Ruby on July 15th (Venice to Barcelona). Booked all tours with private guides and it was fabulous!!! Italy Limousine is the best in my book. Mario took us down the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii. He was great, English was much better than my Italian will ever be! There were seven of us sharing the cost of the van. If you book all three ports (Naples, Rome and Livorno) there was a discount. Over all the days were filled, transportation couldn't have been better and all for a fraction of the cost of the ship's excursions (buses)! We were able to go down the coast further because the buses are much to large to manage the streets. Get a tour, and post it on your roll call and folks will jump on it! Good luck!:D

Is there anyone who has any information to answer the OP's original question about the amalfi coast tour? - not about whether to do private tours or Princess tour but whether anyone has been on that particular tour?

I booked this tour for my cruise on The Grand 27th June - 11th July this year. I was given 3 days notice on the ship that this had been cancelled due to local problems with the Amalfi cruise part of the tour so I substituted with Sorrento and Pompei which was very good although I really liked the idea of seeing the coast from the sea. I would speak to Princess direct to see if it is still available as it may have been just an isolated problem.

This was the only disapointment on the whole cruise, the highlight was the Imperial Rome tour, a fantastic day which I will never forget.

I booked this tour for my cruise on The Grand 27th June - 11th July this year. I was given 3 days notice on the ship that this had been cancelled due to local problems with the Amalfi cruise part of the tour so I substituted with Sorrento and Pompei which was very good although I really liked the idea of seeing the coast from the sea. I would speak to Princess direct to see if it is still available as it may have been just an isolated problem.

This was the only disapointment on the whole cruise, the highlight was the Imperial Rome tour, a fantastic day which I will never forget.

HBriss,

Thanks for the comeback. First of all I'm really glad you enjoyed your Rome tour. Recently the Ruby Princess had to bypass Civitavecchia because of high winds, so no passengers got to do their Rome tours.

Speaking of weather. On the Princess excursion webpage they do state that if the sea is too rough for the Amalfi boat cruise portion, they will substitute Sorrento. It's possible that's what happened in your case.

You do get a different perspective looking from the sea at all the houses perched on the cliffs. Having done similar drives, I was looking for something different.

If our coastal cruise portion is also cancelled, then we'll get a chance to check out a few hotels in Sorrento we're looking at for next year.

;)Now this is just between us. Being retired Army I can catch a direct military flight from Norfolk, VA to Naples for $10. :D (Not a misprint)

Thanks again.

BTW - Love the statue of Billy Bremner outside the park.

HBriss,

BTW - Love the statue of Billy Bremner outside the park.

I am pleased that you like the statue. Billy is a well loved legendary figure with all supporters of Leeds United.

Hope the cruise goes well and that you get the Amalfi Coast tour.

10$ to Naples, thats almost worth joining the Army for.

Archived