Emerald Princess R401 ?

G.C

We are about to purchase our first Princess cruise. The cabin we are considering is on the Emerald Princess # R-401. I noticed our cabin would be below the Lido Deck. I am worried about noise from above. Has anyone here ever stayed in this cabin or one close by? Any other feedback regarding this cabin would be greatly appreciated.

Gary

We are about to purchase our first Princess cruise. The cabin we are considering is on the Emerald Princess # R-401. I noticed our cabin would be below the Lido Deck. I am worried about noise from above. Has anyone here ever stayed in this cabin or one close by? Any other feedback regarding this cabin would be greatly appreciated.

Gary

It is good that you are checking on this as I have seen several posts from people that stayed in that area and had chair dragging late night early morning when they are being stored and put back out. Hoefully someone will chime in here on this for you.

Thank you for the quick response.

While trying to find out more about this cabin here at CC . I noticed on this class ship uncovered balconys are a big topic of discussion. Can anyone tell me if the balcony on cabin Riviera-401 is fully covered?

Thank you for the quick response.

While trying to find out more about this cabin here at CC . I noticed on this class ship uncovered balconys are a big topic of discussion. Can anyone tell me if the balcony on cabin Riviera-401 is fully covered?

We will be staying in a mini-suite which is probably going to be on the Dolphin deck. Is that deck going to be a problem regarding the balcony?

This has been covered MANY times regarding the 4xx rooms on this class ship. THERE WILL BE NOISE constantly during the day and a couple of times during the night. The warmer the weather the higher the noise level (more people out on Lido deck). For us it was not a show stopper just an irritant (that I wouldn't have expected to deal with in a full suite). The issue we had was people walking on the uncarpeted deck with hard soled shoes, ALL DAY! There was not much chair dragging noise but when it happens you know it....... it was cooler on our cruise (British Isles) so there was not alot of activity on the Lido deck. What little music we heard was OK as it was in the afternoon and was somewhat enjoyable.....it could only be heard if you were on the balcony. I am not sure yet if I will book one of these suites again...... the noise did not ruin our cruise or even cause us any great concern....... it is just THERE and you are aware of it. The balcony is completely covered..... I was dissappointed in the balcony in these suites, they are very long but less than two paces wide. With two tables, 2 regular chairs and 2 lounge chairs you have to walk around or over the furniture constantly.

Archived