Scooter Rental...Pros & Cons?? What do you think?

Seyski5

• 2 weeks later...
First thing about Moped's in Bermuda .

Try to rent a Vespa style scooter rather than a motorbike style, easier to get on and off.

You must have an international license or a motorcycle license to rent a bike.

The roads are quite safe and reletivly free of trafic , but remember you are on the left, and they use roundabouts , not traffic lights.

Be brave , rent a bike .

Just want to chime in on this poster's story, it's been pretty thoroughly *debunked* over on the TripAdvisor forum. As the TA guys say, the Royal Gazette covers any traffic fatality, any tourist fatality, in detail. If it was true, there'd be many stories about it.

Honestly, where do you guys get this stuff from? I leave you by yourselves for 5 minutes and look what happens! All of our traffic lights have disappeared and been replaced with round-a-bouts! Tourists not dying on scooters! International licences! Roads relatively free from traffic! Sounds like a Christmas Wish List rather than reality.

When you have a life-or-death question, ask a local, not a tourist and LISTEN to the local, not the tourist. If I had a dollar for every tourist I've seen injured on a scooter and 50 cents for every mangled rental scooter I've seen on the side of the road I would be rich enough to be asking the vacation questions, not answering them. LEAVE THE SCOOTERS ON THE RENTAL LOT and buy yourself a transportation pass.

'09 tourist road deaths by mode of transport-

bus - 0

taxi - 0

walking - 0

ferry - 0

scooter - 1

'09 tourist road deaths by mode of transport-

bus - 0

taxi - 0

walking - 0

ferry - 0

scooter - 1

bdaguy,

Good to see you around. You have one thing missing....the number of tourists who sustained injuries, like my friend who posted her experience. I have yet to be on a cruise that there were not those who had an up close and personal meeting of the road surface, ranging from ugly road rash to full leg casts.

Archived