Hot Tea Pots on the Independance of the Seas

Can anyone tell me if the Independance kept the Hot Tea pots in the cabins? We sailed the Transatlantic Nov 2008 and really enjoyed having our coffee and tea in our room.

We are now sailing on her again in April 3, 2010 just before she leaves to go back to South Hampton for her sailings in Europe.

She sure is a lovely ship, I think the best of the Freedom Class but then I am bias because I have sailed on all three but she was our favorite.

We plan on getting to D+ as soon as we can..... this will be 22 on RCI.

Irene & Miles

We are due to sail on IOTS in Nov. We have been told it is a beautiful ship - we sailed on her sister ship LOS last Nov. We have been told that they do still have tea making facilities in the cabin as well as heated pools!! That will be a real plus for the transatlantic crossing.

Can anyone tell me if the Independance kept the Hot Tea pots in the cabins? We sailed the Transatlantic Nov 2008 and really enjoyed having our coffee and tea in our room.

We are now sailing on her again in April 3, 2010 just before she leaves to go back to South Hampton for her sailings in Europe.

She sure is a lovely ship, I think the best of the Freedom Class but then I am bias because I have sailed on all three but she was our favorite.

We plan on getting to D+ as soon as we can..... this will be 22 on RCI.

Irene & Miles

Hi fellow Critters :D

Yes the Indy still has her, what we Brits call, Kettles, in the cabins :D

She is my favourite of the 3 also :D

See you in a few months :D

Hi fellow Critters :D

Yes the Indy still has her, what we Brits call, Kettles, in the cabins :D

She is my favourite of the 3 also :D

See you in a few months :D

Oh, I am so glad to hear the Indy still has her Kettles. It will be so much fun going on another cruise with our daughter, her husband and their four teen age daughters. We started sailing with them on the Disney Wonder and progressed to the Enchantment after her extension, then on to the Liberty and now the Indy. It will be such a pleasure to be with them on a crusise again. Those girls are so much fun, they keep these old grandparents hopping. I still would like to do the flo rider, maybe they will help me get up the nerve.

Looking forward to meeting you on the Oasis, Liz! By the way, do you know what has happened to the Critter signature for the Oasis, it seems to have disappeared on all our signature's? The space is left but it is gone. It did that one time before but magicaly returned after a couple of days.

I did realize I had made a mistake in my Allure signature, it is my husband's 76th birthday. He will be celebrating his 75th on the Oasis at Chops Grill, hopefully with Chops Host Michael of the Freedom - they were both born at the same hospital in Lansing Michigan. He told us in June he was going to the Oasis.

Take care....

Irene & Miles

We were on Indy in May. T-bags, sugar/sweeteners & milk were provided but no coffee. I recommend you bring your own coffee as I couldn't find any anywhere on board and bring your own preferred t-bags if you are fussy like me :) The milk in the cabins isn't fresh, but you can get small cartons from the Windjammer which we kept in our fridge.

Archived