Who's been on the Diamond?

comoxvalley21

We're sailing on the Diamond in November ...repositioning from Bangkok to Sydney. Will there be plenty of activities on board? There is very little information, on these boards, about this ship. I'd appreciate any and all hints, tips and info that you can share...restaurants, actiivities,rooms etc.

Thanks Moira

We're sailing on the Diamond in November ...repositioning from Bangkok to Sydney. Will there be plenty of activities on board? There is very little information, on these boards, about this ship. I'd appreciate any and all hints, tips and info that you can share...restaurants, actiivities,rooms etc.

Thanks Moira

We have sailed the Diamond 6 times. Look for posts on the Sapphire as well, they are identical sister ships. ;)

There is ton's of things to do everyday listed in the Patter.

Thanks Moira

Hi Moira!

We sailed on the Diamond last November. It's the exact same one you're doing, except we sailed from Bangkok to Auckland. There are indeed LOTS to do onboard. On port days, we walked so much and did so much that we usually slept in on sea days and rested up. During the 4 sea days from Singapore to Darwin, there will be a celebration to mark the crossing of the equator. It was so fun!!

I didn't participate in any of the activities scheduled activities onboard because we went as a group and met lots of people so we stuck together and played games. There are a lot of board games that you can borrow from the library (monopoly, scrabble, mahjong, and others).

I'm sure you won't be bored as there are a wide variety of things to do such as playing card games, reading, mingling with others, swimming, attending seminars/lectures, sport games such as ping pong and golf, exercising in the gym, relaxing in the spa, watching movies in the theatre, listening to the onboard musicians, dancing, and of course....EATING......!!! :D

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun! :)

Sailed Diamond on Alaska cruise 6/08 & had great time. Be sure to do Anytime Dining. Four (4) dining rooms to choose from daily (2 have specialty item each nite), plus specialty dining @ Sterling. Great pool bar w/ views, bar at stern & Skywalkers late at night offers unbeleivable view.

Archived