Triumph Talk Please

My wife and I sailed on the Triumph in May 2007 for our 25th anniversary. It was our first experience on one of Carnival's larger ships, and our first time with a balcony cabin. It was a wonderful experience all around; like a previous poster hinted what is not to like?! I think if anything it got me hooked on having a balcony and I couldn't go back. The Triumph is a great ship and we would sail again on her in a heartbeat! Enjoy your cruise. :)

Being from Mississippi, I'm thrilled to know that the larger Triumph is coming to New Orleans and offering some seven night cruises. I'd like to hear some of y'alls experiences on the Triumph. THANKS!

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO teacher2cruiser: You will enjoy going on a cruise on the Carnival Triumph. I have had two really nice cruises on the Triumph and this fall am looking forward to another great cruise on this ship.

On my first cruise on the Triumph John Heald was the Cruise Director. I go to the gym at 0600 hours. When I get back to the stateroom John Heald makes an announcement. You will have a great time on the Triumph.

My second trip on the Triumph was my first seven day cruise with Cory Schmidtt as the Cruise Director. On his staff was Jeff Bronson, now a Cruise Director himself. That was the first time I went to Sydney and got to go to Tim Horton's Coffee Shop. Great place.

Being from Mississippi, I'm thrilled to know that the larger Triumph is coming to New Orleans and offering some seven night cruises. I'd like to hear some of y'alls experiences on the Triumph. THANKS!

We have taken four cruises on the Triumph - two Eastern and two Western Caribbean - all out of Miami. We enjoyed all of them and believe that the dining room food and service on the Triumph is the best we've experienced on any Carnival ship. There are two common complaints that we've seen on these boards about the Triumph. The first is that you cannot go from the front of the ship to the rear on decks three and four (I believe) without either going up to five or down to two, so it can be confusing at first. But after four cruises, we've gotten use to it. There are also two dining rooms - one midship and the other in the rear so that can be a little confusing. The other complaint is that most cabins (I'm not sure about suites) didn't have refrigerators and they may have been added when the Triumph was refurbished. It is a big ship and remains very stable even when the seas are a little rough. The Lido buffet has an upstairs sitting area so there is always available seating in the buffet which isn't the case on some ships. Hope this helps. :)

We LOVED the Triumph! We just booked our fourth Carnival cruise but the trip on the Triumph is still our favorite. We were thrilled to hear she will soon be sailing from New Orleans (My birthplace and still one of my favorite places in the world).

We sailed on the Triumph in May of 2007 and it was absolutely wonderful. We were upgraded to a suite; the service was wonderful and the food was great. My kids had a wonderful time and liked this better than our all-inclusive to Cancun. (the worst part was that we missed the ship and had to catch up with it 2 days later in Cozumel). But once we finally got on the ship....it was perfect. Go, have fun and enjoy!!

Archived