But they're not extended balconies...

SJChaput

Everywhere I look I see that the cabin I booked on the Legend for my honeymoon isn't in fact an extended balcony... Even Carnival's deck plans don't mention them being extended balconies.

Why then when you're selecting the cabin you want to book it says that 8E cabins are extended balconies?

Shipcopy.jpg

We're booked for Legend in an 8C and I had asked the same question and was told they are 60 sq ft rather than 40 sq ft by one person and told they were the same as all others by someone else. Hopefully we can get a definitive answer

Glad I'm not the only one with the question

Everywhere I look I see that the cabin I booked on the Legend for my honeymoon isn't in fact an extended balcony... Even Carnival's deck plans don't mention them being extended balconies.

Why then when you're selecting the cabin you want to book it says that 8E cabins are extended balconies?

6155 is not an extended balcony:

Cabin 6155 (8G OST3) 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: yes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

The aft cabins.. directly aft have extended balconys

Cabin 6331 (8I OST3) 185/60 sq ft

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: no

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Cabin 6333 (8I OST3) 185/60 sq ft

If for instance my 8E cabin 7220 isn't an extended balcony why does the booking part of the site say it is?

8E -The E does not necessarily mean extended balcony although some EB may fall into that cat

Cabin 7220 (8E OSTW) 185/40 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

It says cabin size 185 sq. ft. and balcony 60 sq. ft.......that is the size of an extended balcony.......

It says cabin size 185 sq. ft. and balcony 60 sq. ft.......that is the size of an extended balcony.......

Why does it read Standard Balcony?

I thought Standards were 40-60sf?

They may be 60sf but not extended.. I think, and I could be wrong, the extended have more depth...

Why does it read Standard Balcony?

I thought Standards were 40-60sf?

They may be 60sf but not extended.. I think, and I could be wrong, the extended have more depth...

I think you are right.........so officially they are not listed as extended balconies......but looking at the deck plan it looks like a standard balcony to me.....

I think you are right.........so officially they are not listed as extended balconies......but looking at the deck plan it looks like a standard balcony to me.....

In May I had 5236.. extra long Obstructed ... BUT SO narrow! no depth

I rather an aft!

This page seems to show the correct information for your ship. Not certain why your cut and pasted page is showing wrong info

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_legend/default.aspx?shipCode=LE

If you go to book the cruise and select a room you will see exactly what I pasted in my OP.

It lists 8E as extended but it isn't.

Ah, the wonderful Carnival website, I can't believe it just won an award.

If you select Legend then click on the Staterooms tab Balconies are described thus:

BALCONY Includes stateroom categories: 7A(obstructed view), 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E,8F,8G,8H and 8I.

*8G, 8H and 8I (extended balcony)

If I go to the same ship same date booking engine I get this:

ncludes stateroom categories: Standard Balcony 8A, 8B, 8D, 8F and 8H

Extended Balcony 8C, 8E, 8G and 8I.

Balcony Sateroom (obstructed view)* 7A

P.S. The first descriptions are the correct ones The second ones are from before Carnival went through their cabin renumbering.

Cabin 6331 (8I OST3) 185/60 sq ft

Cabin 6333 (8I OST3) 185/60 sq ft

An extended balcony is 60 sq ft or more. Standard balconies are 40 sq ft. All of the cabins mentioned above are technically extended balconies.

The OPs cabin is a regualr balcony. appx 4 x 10. An extended balcony would be 6 x 10. For two people on a honey mooon , I really don't think that extra two feet of depth is going to matter.

An extended balcony is 60 sq ft or more. Standard balconies are 40 sq ft. All of the cabins mentioned above are technically extended balconies.

The OPs cabin is a regualr balcony. appx 4 x 10. An extended balcony would be 6 x 10. For two people on a honey mooon , I really don't think that extra two feet of depth is going to matter.

Actually.. I found it very noticable.. :o

The ops cabins balcony is 60 sq. ft. it is deeper than a regular size balcony. Which would be considered an extended balcony.

surprised they put them in there, it is considered for 3 people.

According to the deck plan in the 2009-2010 Carnival brochure, 6155 IS an extended balcony. Frankly I had an extended last year and a regular balcony the previous year and to me it made no difference. For free, take the extended, but if you have to pay extra I would pass on it. By the way, I love the Legend. Probably because I live 20 minutes from the pier!:D

Mark

I agree that the two extra feet gives noticeably more room on the balcony. It was much easier for two people to sit out there and relax without feeling cramped or having to climb around the other person to go back inside.

Our Pride cruise we got upgraded to one from a guarantee. It was the worst weather we'd ever had on a cruise but i still spent more time on the balcony than any other cruise. It even had enough room to pull up the extra chair for a footrest and nap out there. :D

Of course I'm spoiled now and will be hard pressed to book anything other than extended on a Spirit class ship from here on out.

Cabin 6155 IS extended, according to the deck plans. It will be about 60 sq. ft. I would be more concerned about the fact that it's right next to where the cabins with standard balconies jut out and the view forward would be somewhat obstructed. Carnival doesn't consider these to be "obstructed" view cabins because there is nothing in front of them but I have heard people here on CC complain about these cabins due to the fact that they couldn't either see forward or back (depending on which side your obstruction is on). If I were booking an extended balcony I would book one more in the middle of a section of extended balcs to maximize the view. Now I have booked an 8A guarantee for the Spirit and if I end up in one of those cabins, fine, that's the chance you take with a guarantee.

Actually.. I found it very noticable.. :o

It is noticeable.

The best extended (AFT) balcony I ever had was on The Celebrity Infinity. The dang thing was fricking huge!

It really spoiled us.

But, we paid dearly for that cabin. I'm content enough with the extra 2 feet on the CCL/Spirit class aft.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived