mardis gras departure with 7 year old plans change

seajay829

First, Buyer Beware Wingate Inn at the Airport. I emailed them with questions about our stay and I received a terse response indicating they no longer have a contract with expedia and CANCELLED our prepaid reservations.

After several phone calls to expedia and intermible waits on hold, we got the situation resolved and will be staying at the Prytania Park in the Garden District, flying in on Wednesday afternoon.

Based on the great information CC'ers posted under an earlier thread, my 7 yo daughter and I have parts of our long weekend planned.

We are planning to taxi to the hotel Wednesday, get settled in. Watch the Muse parade somewhere on St. Charles?

Thursday breakfast at Cafe Dumond, then the Park Service Tour of the French Quarter. Lunch at Jackson Square, check out the statutes in the park. Then, back to the hotel and find a spot for the parade.

Friday, breakfast in the Prytania Park neighborhood, the zoo and the aquarium.

Then the Parade in the evening.

Saturday brunch at Commander's Palace and Parade watching. (Maybe the Children's museum).

Sunday, considering gospel brunch at Prailine Connection... would be fun to find a church service with some great gospel music. Check out of the hotel, and onto the ship.

Our flight out on the Sunday we disembark is at 6:30 pm. I thought we would use the service that takes our bags directly to the pier. Maybe the HOB Gospel brunch or a Gospel Service at a church, maybe an art museum or even picking up a car at the port and doing a self guided plantation tour... not sure.

The trip seems a little parade heavy. Does anyone have suggestions.

Cindy

I think you are underestimating the time necessary for being early at parade viewing. It is difficult to just "show up" and see much, especially a child. The crowds can be MASSIVE. It may be worthwhile to purchase "viewing" some resturants offer packages etc. There are always the "step ladders" to purchase. :)

Archived