Earliest time to get off radiance

I guess I am a worry wart but I am still a little concerned that I will be able to make a 10:30 am flight our YVY (Vancouver airport). The ship is scheduled to dock at 07:00 am and I am wondering if I will be able to get off the ship by at least 08:00 am. I emailed RCCI two days ago and still have not heard anything from them. I have the telephone numbers for the local cab companies and seriously thinking of calling one and have them be there to meet us. Does anyone know if I will be able to get off the ship early? Thanks, you guys are awesome.:)

When you get on the ship, just tell them you have an early flight (about midway through your week) and they will make sure you're in one of the 1st groups off the ship. Don't worry about this one!!!!

If you REALLY are in a hurry, you can do the 'self-carry off' of your bags---but you have to be able to manage all of your luggage on your own. Personally, I'd let them schlepp it off the ship--all you have to do is let them know you need to be off early....

You don't need to do this in advance!

Roy,

You might try posting this on the west coast departures/vancouver section.

I believe I read that unless you were using RCL's direct to the airport transfer (where you and your luggage go straight to their transport from the ship and then to the airport and are considered as not entering Canada) that you would have to go through Canadian Customs when you get off the ship and then through US Customs before you get on the plane.

Since we are staying overnight on Friday, I didn't file that info in my critical storage area and I could be wrong.

Also, it might help to know if RCL allows self-disembarkation and what the average time is for the ship to clear Customs.

Sorry, I know I only gave you more questions but, like I said, try asking in the other area.

Dru

Archived