Frozen Mojitos

marilyn1

Any body know if these yummy drinks are available on Carnival Miracle? had a couple on the pool deck on Mariner of the seaS RCCL and they were so refreshing.

It won't hurt to ask them to blend it for you. I am going to when I get on the Dream.:p I had my first blended mojito in Cape Cod and I love them..:p

Any body know if these yummy drinks are available on Carnival Miracle? had a couple on the pool deck on Mariner of the seaS RCCL and they were so refreshing.

Ernest Hemingway is rolling over in his grave...

:rolleyes:

Can't say yes to the frozen part but we had regular mojitos on the Splendor and Miracle this summer that were just as good! Too make Ernest really spin in his grave, I was drinking a vodka mojito.

If you are counting calories, a little trick we tried was instead of using the simple syrup or sugar water, have them use one packet of Splenda instead. Tastes the same and you don't have all the empty calories. The bartender made them both and then we mixed them up and had a taste test, the majority couldn't tell the difference;)

Enjoy whatever you have!

Hi, so am I (rolling over, but not in my grave, off my seat). I had my first in Cuba (not frozen), that's a no no. And be careful, on the ships they tend to put too many mint leaves and bruise them too much. My husband makes a mean Mojito and yes he is Cuban. But I am willing to give the frozen a try.:)

Can't say yes to the frozen part but we had regular mojitos on the Splendor and Miracle this summer that were just as good! Too make Ernest really spin in his grave, I was drinking a vodka mojito.

If you are counting calories, a little trick we tried was instead of using the simple syrup or sugar water, have them use one packet of Splenda instead. Tastes the same and you don't have all the empty calories. The bartender made them both and then we mixed them up and had a taste test, the majority couldn't tell the difference;)

Enjoy whatever you have!

Ahhhh... El Mojito... This guy could make Mojitos nearly as good as mine!!!

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

:D

When I was on the Inspiration last year, I asked for a Mojito and was told that they did not keep fresh mint on the ship so they could not make one. A couple of nights later, lo and behold they set up a Mojito Bar!?! So much for not having mint!

I did try one of the mojitos from the mojito bar, and it was so nasty that I couldnt drink it. I know its a simple drink to make, but she managed to screw it up

When I was on the Inspiration last year, I asked for a Mojito and was told that they did not keep fresh mint on the ship so they could not make one. A couple of nights later, lo and behold they set up a Mojito Bar!?! So much for not having mint!

I did try one of the mojitos from the mojito bar, and it was so nasty that I couldnt drink it. I know its a simple drink to make, but she managed to screw it up

They ruin them using too much simple sugar and too much mint.

I had one on the Conquest (okay, I had three!) and they were the best ever. I had been asking all week for them and was told the same thing--they didn't say that there was no mint on the ship, just that they don't stock it at the bar.

So, of course when they offered the Mojito bar by the pool, I had to make for lost time and opportunity!

Enjoy whatever you have!

ohhhhh thank you! thank you!! :)

They ruin them using too much simple sugar and too much mint.

Pretty much. The mojito is a surpringly subtle drink and has to be balanced just right. (Which is pretty much why I don't drink them on the ship.)

Anyway, I don't think I'd much like it frozen. Kinda defeats the purpose of the soda water.

Archived