What would you do? One Balcony verses TWO Promenades

We did adjoining cabins on the Explorer, and it was so nice to have the extra bathroom, and with the door in the middle, you could close it when you need to ;). I wouldn't stick 4 of us in one cabin after having that luxury. I hear that the Promenade rooms can get noisy, especially during the parade. Personally, I would go with a lower inside or outside category to get 2 adjoining cabins. This way, everyone's still in one place and you don't have to cross the hall back & forth. We are sailing on the Mariner in Oct. with my brother's family, and unfortunately we werent able to get 2 sets of adjoining cabins, so we will have the kids right next door.

Make sure that you know exactly what you are booking. Adjoining cabins are just 2 that are next door to each other. CONNECTING cabins have the interior door between them,

If you get two connecting cabins and leave the door open, you and your husband can sleep in the same room, unless I'm missing something (we don't have children, so we haven't done this). Queen bed in one and separate beds in the other.

I can't believe the inside cabins 9381 and 9681 were booked without the corresponding 9376/9676 balcony cabins? Why would someone do that? I've got 9376 and 9381 booked for my Navigator cruise next year. I'm really looking forward to that one because the kids (ages 10 & 6) will have their own cabin, but it will be a "cheap" inside cabin while my wife and I get the nice balcony cabin, with both cabins connected to each other.

Tough call.

With kids the age of yours, I'd go with the aft balcony. If it were a ho-hum side balcony, I'd feel differently, but the extra-large afts are simply the best (especially if it's a 10th floor corner). Those rooms are as large as a junior suite, and the balcony's almost as big as the room. Four in one of these rooms isn't a problem in the least. The kids will be fine on the sofa bed; they're small.

Two connecting promenade rooms would also be very nice! A little privacy for you, two bathrooms, and the kids' beds could be separated into twins. If they were teens, I'd definitely say go this direction -- but they're still very young. I would only use this option if you can get CONNECTING rooms; with next-door rooms, I wouldn't even be tempted.

I would not split up the family across the hall -- across the hall is quite a bit of separation.

Sounds like this is an older post (over 3 weeks ago), and that she has made up here mind with an E2 and in inside room nearby?

I second that decision. We just sailed the Liberty of the Seas and had an E2 balcony with a PR right across the hall. It was perfect!

Archived