Are O Shore Excursioners in Greece still allowed visit if museum is closed?

Tenngal

I have seen on another thread that those on a cruise ship's shore excursion are allowed to tour Delos, Greece, even on Mondays, when it's closed to the general public.

Is this true for closed museums? On my upcoming cruise, we will be at Santorini on a Monday, when the Museum of Prehistoric Thira is closed!:mad: That museum is the one place I most want to see at Santorini (besides Oia). Does anyone know if, by booking O's excursion ("Santorini Highlights," which is supposed to include this museum), we can still be allowed to visit there, as a private tour group, even if the museum closed to the general public on Mondays?

(I've e-mailed O nearly 2 weeks ago to answer this question, but got no reply.)

Tenngal, cruise ship lines definitely arrange for visits to Delos on Mondays, although I do not believe they open up the museum there that day.

I do not know about the Museum of Prehistoric Thira, although I vaguely recall Jim of Stan&Jim indicating they do open for O excursions. It is a wonderful highlight of Santorini, and you probably have seen many of my posts flogging a visit there as a do not miss.

Our Athens to Rome cruise last month was in Santorini on a Monday, so I hope that someone from our huge and active roll call can provide this information to you. Because it was Monday, and we had just visited this museum last September, this time we rented a car immediately and drove to Oia before the crowds arrived, and then toured more of the island.

Archived