Question about Horseshoe Bay

Fred C

Is it better to take a ferry or bus to Horseshoe Bay?

Does anyone have a bus/ferry schedule with the price?

How long is the ride? Thanks

There is no ferry to Horseshoe Beach.

As for your other questions...the answers depend on where you're coming from.

There is a bus stop at the entrance to Horseshoe Bay. It's a 5-10 minute walk to the beach. A shuttle bus is usually available and it's only a buck a person. We usually take the shuttle after a day at the Bay. :)

There is a bus stop at the entrance to Horseshoe Bay. It's a 5-10 minute walk to the beach. A shuttle bus is usually available and it's only a buck a person. We usually take the shuttle after a day at the Bay. :)

The shuttle bus runs from the beach up the hill to the main road, so that you can take the Bermuda bus back to the ship. I have read somewhere recently that the price is up to $2 / person. ( Cash only) After a day or part of a day at the beach, it is the best money you will have spent!

If you are going back to the Dockyard, your bus stop will be on that side of the road, If you are heading to Hamilton, your bus stop will be on the opposite side of the road from where the shuttle drops you off.

We just came back off the NCL Dawn on 7/26, and I can verify that it is now $2/pp. for the "Ride To The Top" at Horseshoe Bay. He bought a new van. It is still the best $2 you'll spend on your trip.

Jim B.

Is it better to take a ferry or bus to Horseshoe Bay?

Does anyone have a bus/ferry schedule with the price?

How long is the ride? Thanks

It is $12 a day for a public transportation pass which is valid on bus & ferry.

We were there 7/12-19. We found the public transportation in Bermuda just great. We bought the bus/ferry passes for 3 days @ $28pp per day. Once you get off the ship it is a short walk to the bus stop. The ride to horseshoe is about 20 minutes. It lets you off at the top of the hill and you walk down to the beach. Yes they had the taxi's to take you up the hill after your day at the beach for $2pp. However we walked and it wasn't really that bad. Just one section where it is a bit steep but we considered it as exercise :rolleyes:. Once you get to the top of the hill the bus stop is there to catch bus back to dockyard or where ever you want to go. We took ferry to Hamilton one night, then to St. George's another day. We found buying the passes a great way to see Bermuda.

Uh oh, there goes my budget! :D Thanks for the heads up. It's always good to have single dollars when ashore.

Steve,

It had already gone up....didn't you use it last year? Looks like you're going to have to cut out a sailaway beer.:p

We just returned from Bermuda on Sunday on the Caribbean Princess. Just a little warning about the bus transportation to Horseshoe bay. The lines to buy the bus token and then to wait for the bus took us about two hours to navigate. We were lucky when we finally boarded the bus the line was several hundred people deep.

The bus from the Royal Dockyard to Horseshoe bay was $4/adult each way and $2/kid 16 and under. Quite reasonably priced and the buses were clean.

The ride up the hill at horseshoe bay was $2 pp.

Chairs and umbrellas were available for $10 each with a $5-$10 deposit.

The only issue we experience was the time we lost waiting in line for the token and then the bus. I would recommend sending a member of your party off as soon as the boat is cleared to buy the bus token and get into the bus line as quickly as possible. We lost a good bit of time on a short port stop.

The island reallly is quite beautiful and the people we encountered were friendly.

Just came back from our cruise to Bermuda. we docked at Kings wharf and very easily took a bus #7 (25 min ride) to horseshoe bay. We bought a 3 day bus/ferry pass $28. it was so convenient. you have to walk down a steep hill to get to the bay but there is a $2 shuttle that will transport you back up. worth it. everyone is very helpful and will direct you where to go. I went with 2 kids and older inlaws and all went well with the air conditioned bus. you must wear shirts and shorts on the bus to cover your bathing suit.

horseshoe bay was beautiful. great $3 snow cones--around the world flavor is great. go to the cove towards the right of the beach. no waves--nice shallow water with fish to snorkel.

enjoy!

• 1 month later...
We're stopping in Bermuda Nov 1 on a Sunday. Anyone know if the facilities at Horseshoe Bay will still be open then?

According to this information from the government of Bermuda http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=209&&PageID=230187&mode=2&in_hi_userid=2&cached=true

lifeguards are only on duty at Horseshoe Bay through October 31. If there are no lifeguards on duty, my guess is the facilities will be closed.

Yes, we had heard that, just hoping that because it is a Sunday they might stay open for locals as well as tourists.

When November 1 gets closer, a week or two before, I will attempt to phone them about that day. I don't want to call now because they could change their mind between now and then.

Archived