Bar Set-Up in Staterooms

dottyparka

Can you order a bar-set up in the staterooms on Fantasy? I know you can get wine and champage, but what about hard liqour and mixers? We sailed on Norwegian Spirit in 2007 and were able to do this. Does Carnival provide this service.

Yes. You have to call the Bon Voyage department. 1-800-522-7648 They will send you pricing information etc. The pricing is not available online and you have to call them to place your order. We did that last year on the Legend. I don't recall the prices, I believe it was about $40 for a Liter of Vodka. Not cheap, but worth it!

Ordered a liter of Cutty Sark for $43.60. Definitely not cheap, but let's see... a liter is around 33 oz, and for each drink we make in the stateroom, it will probably be 2 or 3 oz. Even using 3 oz per drink as a guide, that ends up being 11 drinks at $4 per drink. Definitely a better deal then spending $7 to $10 per drink at a bar!

Ordered a liter of Cutty Sark for $43.60. Definitely not cheap, but let's see... a liter is around 33 oz, and for each drink we make in the stateroom, it will probably be 2 or 3 oz. Even using 3 oz per drink as a guide, that ends up being 11 drinks at $4 per drink. Definitely a better deal then spending $7 to $10 per drink at a bar!

:cool:

Glad it worked out!

And it'll be waiting all nice and wrapped in your stateroom. AND you won't have to worry about something getting broke in your luggage ruining things or being found and confiscated...

The little added extra cost compared to the total cost of a cruise is miniscule. I wish everyone would do this instead of smuggle.

I'll admit, I didn't know about this prior to my first cruise, so I smuggled. Between the aggravation of figuring out how to smuggle and the worry about leaks or getting "caught" the small additional expense of ordering a setup from Carnival is a BARGAIN! I've ordered setups on both cruises since then and will again for our cruise coming up in November.

We order before every cruise for the room. It's well worth the extra $ for the reasons mentioned in other posts. But I have to say, I do LOVE seeing our stuff wrapped in cellophane and waiting for us with a card saying "A Gift For You!" when we enter the room.:D

Especially when you consider the drinks at the bar are 1,1/2 ozs it's a real deal. My DW and I have done this several times....happy cruising! :D

would have been cheaper to put some in a suitcase wrapped in bubble wrap and placed between clothes and smuggled on. OR put in 2 ltr plastic bottles and wrapped in luggage.

would have been cheaper to put some in a suitcase wrapped in bubble wrap and placed between clothes and smuggled on. OR put in 2 ltr plastic bottles and wrapped in luggage.

CHEAPER is not always BETTER for some folks as some don't want the hassle of going thru the "smuggling" procedures :rolleyes::)

I understand if someone wants to make that decision for themselves, but to encourage someone else to break the rules is low class. They asked about pre-ordering not how to cheat!

Thanks everyone for the information.

When we sailed on the Fantasy the first time in 2007, we smuggled some rum on and carried on about six bottles of wine (we were getting married and they didn't charge us a corkage fee). We carried off five bottles of wine when we got back home and left about 3/4 of the rum for the room steward because we ended up buying so many drinks when we were out and about on the ship. It was a lot of hassle and worry for nothing.

When we sailed on NCL Spirit in 2008, we ordered the bar set-up and had at least one drink every evening in our stateroom while getting dressed for dinner. Still bought enough cocktails while out to pay for a semester of grad school.

Thank you all for your opinions and insight.

I have done this on all of our previous cruises, and ordered two weeks ago for our cruise this November. $123.00 for a liter bottle of Jim Beam, Absolut Vodka, and Baileys :D.

Yes, it would be cheaper to "smuggle", it all on, but not worth the hassle for us. They do not carry my single malt scotch, so I normally pack a small bottle in our luggage :rolleyes:.

We still end up with a pretty hefty S&S bill for liquor at the bars, but it still saves us some $$$$. I can't imagine what our bar bill would be without ordering directly from the Bon Voyage Department :eek::eek::eek:

i personally have never smuggled liquor on board. I don't drink in public. If I do decide I want qa drink, i buy it. mainly a couple the day we sail and one or two during the week. can't make the special fruity drinks myself anyway.

and for us, it is about the money. I buy maybe 1 bottle of whiskey a year or if on a cruise, a special island made whiskey or rum. in fact, i got so much on two of our cruises that i am still well stocked in the alcohol department. that is how little I drink.

And it'll be waiting all nice and wrapped in your stateroom. AND you won't have to worry about something getting broke in your luggage ruining things or being found and confiscated...

The little added extra cost compared to the total cost of a cruise is miniscule. I wish everyone would do this instead of smuggle.

I am at a loss to understand why you should care if others "summgle?"

This effects you how?

Then why would you even suggest the theory of saving $$$ by smuggling ???

You need to get over yourself.

This was an informational question to begin with, not a request for smart comments about what others do or don't do!

You need to get over yourself.

This was an informational question to begin with, not a request for smart comments about what others do or don't do!

So you feel the need to chime in about my and another persons remarks on the subject, rather than the topic at hand ! Talk about needing to get over yourself.... appears that you condone the "smuggling" concept since you seem to be unhappy with those that made comments about doing something that is AGAINST cruiseline policies !

Archived