Port or Starboard Balcony for Southbound Cruise

cruisedad2

Which is better to book for a Southbound cruise from Whittier to Vancouver - a balcony on the port side or starboard side? (Port faces towards the mainland and Starboard faces towards the sea on this cruise, but much ofthe cruise is the Inside Passage of Alaska.) Which as the better views of land and glaciers? We're on the Coral Princess next year. Thanks!

Go towards land .WE were on the left hand side from the front of the ship if you stand lokking at it from back ....GET IT?

I think its always port but I'm not sure

WE LOVED the scenery ...left our blinds open not to miss any of it

I used to lie in bed and watch the scenery go by ....just like a movie ..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am southbound and going to be on the Starboard side. While I think that there are advantages in terms of some views on the Port side, I am looking forward to staying up with my wife, taking in the view from our stateroom with a glass of wine and watching the sunsets on a nice day.

If is it raining or cloudy (part of land are rain forests) you probably won't be able to see much of anything on either side. Therefore, if you are hoping for extra senery, I think you are really just hoping for clear weather.

Furthermore, from what I understand in special places like Glacier Bay the ship turns several times so both side of the ship get great views from the cabines.

While Port may be better, I am not sure the other side would be a deal killer. I got a better room by going on the Startboard side and am comfortable with my choice.

I have been on both sides on the southbound cruise and for the most part I would say port side heading south....but while you're in Glacier Bay and the Inside Passage, either are great. It's all amazing...enjoy!

Archived