Pools on FOS

If she gets dissapointed on vacations when on a cruise ship, because of the smaller pools, then you might want to consider a vacation at a resort. Most major resorts have large pool areas.

Yeah, while it often seems like the RCCL fans think everything is better than on Carnival, when it comes to pools they are small regardless of the ship or line. Now obviously the bigger the ship the bigger the pool but still not much gain as far as usability. They are not very useful beyond just getting wet. On my first cruise (Disney Magic) I took one look at the small crowded pool and have never been in on a single cruise. There are so many better things to do than stand in water or lay in a chair (something my parents will never realize).

Yeah, while it often seems like the RCCL fans think everything is better than on Carnival, when it comes to pools they are small regardless of the ship or line. Now obviously the bigger the ship the bigger the pool but still not much gain as far as usability. They are not very useful beyond just getting wet. On my first cruise (Disney Magic) I took one look at the small crowded pool and have never been in on a single cruise. There are so many better things to do than stand in water or lay in a chair (something my parents will never realize).

I feel exactly the same way!!

It is really your individual preference. However, i have been of LOS and seems the pool area is a bit larger with the deck area that is covered in water so that you can sit there and cool off. Also in the kid zone it is the same way so while the kids were playing there i would sit in the 4 inch deep water and it didn't feel too crowded. Also this ship has the solarium pool which is a nice size too. But remember these size ships have more people too. As someone else said, the cruise ships aren't made for relaxing on a float in the pool, you have to go to a resort for that. I am one of those gals that lives for laying out in a chair on deck though. So when in port i look for beach excursions or resort excursions for the extra pool and space. I enjoy the entertainment and interaction with other people on a cruise, verses the resorts which have less entertainment and more of a relaxing atmosphere. So that is why i said it is each individuals preference. You won't regret taking this cruise, it was a great experience.

Archived