Port Canaveral, Florida

pixiedustdawn

We will be cruising and leaving from Port Canaveral. Does anyone know a good/clean place nearby to get a mani/pedi and waxed. Prices on the ship are crazy.

Also, does anyone know if the Travelynx shuttle operates on day of embarkation? We would also love to go to Walmart.

Otherwise, any ideas on what taxi service to use?

Thanks

We will be cruising and leaving from Port Canaveral. Does anyone know a good/clean place nearby to get a mani/pedi and waxed. Prices on the ship are crazy.

Also, does anyone know if the Travelynx shuttle operates on day of embarkation? We would also love to go to Walmart.

Otherwise, any ideas on what taxi service to use?

Thanks

I would do 2 one way car rentals. A taxi will cost a bunch to go to WalMart. As for the rest I am not sure.

I would do 2 one way car rentals. A taxi will cost a bunch to go to WalMart. As for the rest I am not sure.

Preston,

I am on a 4 week Disney cruise, that would be many rentals.

I was hoping I can just get off in port and hop on a shuttle. I am leaving for Disney in the morning and staying at Disney World until the 8th when we board the Magic for 4 weeks. We finally disembark on September 5th.

I am sure the crew gets to Walmart and the other stores somehow without renting a car. I could even do without Walmart and just go to Cocoa beach area, I am sure there has to be stores and salons there, right?

Thanks for your help

Dawn

Thanks, you are a lifesaver!

I know Diva's Nail does and do a great job, but I don't know if Tips & Toes does - the post 5511 is here on this thread and it is information I post about everything you want to know about being here - I blieve on mine is page 276 or something like that where someone else's is on a different page. Worth looking at

I wanted to let the board know that the Omelet Station located here in Cocoa Beach had to close up as of yesterday - Needless to say it is so sad to hear when another Mom and pop shop didn't make it - anyhow the good news is that Boston Seafood is moving in there and they have great food.

I am posting the information here since it is listed on post 5511 and didn't want anyone planning to go there be disappointed so now you will be aware that another restaurant is moving closer to Cocoa Beach. They have been in Cape Canaveral for sometime, but kinda hidden and not well known. Its another choice for those "list" if you have one.

as always

ENJOY!!!!!!!!! ;-))

OH - I am so sad about Omlete Station. We really enjoyed that place and were looking forward to going back when we were there next weekend before our cruise. My parents just bought a place in PC so we feel like it is becoming a second home - My son still complains about Mainely Lobster closing! We went twice in one day on a 3 day weekend trip.

My question would be would be an inexpensive taxi service to take me to port. Don't want to park the car for 4 days - we are in Mystic and the walk up to the gate will be annoying to meet the taxi is my only concern.

OH - I am so sad about Omlete Station. We really enjoyed that place and were looking forward to going back when we were there next weekend before our cruise. My parents just bought a place in PC so we feel like it is becoming a second home - My son still complains about Mainely Lobster closing! We went twice in one day on a 3 day weekend trip.

My question would be would be an inexpensive taxi service to take me to port. Don't want to park the car for 4 days - we are in Mystic and the walk up to the gate will be annoying to meet the taxi is my only concern.

Brandon and Johnathon are super nice young men who tried to make it work, but unfortunaltely with this economy, it just didn't and also for Mainely Lobster - loved that place - very homy but also faced the same fate - it is still locked up so don't know what will go there.

Taxis and shuttles are always in and out of Mystic - that is a beautiful place - I remember when all of those places was all underbrush. It is far to walk to the gates, but you can buzz them in without any problems and you aren't too far from the port there.

Have fun and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived