Halloween

marydz

Sailing on Celebrity for the first time on the Connie and was wondering if Celebrity does anything special for Halloween? Does anyone wear costumes? I believe this will be our first formal night so was just wondering how to dress.

Thanks,

Mary

Carnival Victory

Carnival Legend-twice

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Conquest

Caribbean Princess

Sapphire Princess

Carnival Miracle

We once were on a cruise that started on 10/31. Our Cruise Critic group all decided to dress up and have a parade. We had a blast. Find your roll call and see if there's been any discussion about it. Have fun!

I emailed CC direct to ask them this question and this was their reply:

We will host a variety of fun Halloween-themed activities during our Halloween voyages. A Halloween theme night will be held onboard on the night of October 31st. Children are encouraged to bring costumes and will be taken trick-or-treating around the ship by the youth staff. Adults are also encouraged to bring costumes as we typically host an adult costume contest and costume party.

Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises.

Sincerely,

Lisa Webster

Customer Service Representative

We were on a Celebrity cruise over Halloween one year and the dress for dinner that night was informal or Halloween costume (this was back when they still had informal dress code for dinner) and they had a Halloween party complete with costume contest up in one of the lounges after the late seating.

• 3 weeks later...
I've done 2 halloween cruises on X, both with fun parties and costumes. And yes we dressed up for both.

How many people dress up? I thought I saw it in some other threads that Halloween isn't as important to Europeans, so they don't put on costumes for that night?

We're going to be in Egypt for Halloween this year. I don't think that we're going to be able to dress Baby_G (3 years old) for Halloween.

We're taking an overnight excursion outside of the boat, so she won't be able to dress up.

I know she'll be upset. We'll try to keep it on the down low. :p

Lady_G

How many people dress up? I thought I saw it in some other threads that Halloween isn't as important to Europeans, so they don't put on costumes for that night?

Our experience with Halloween on a Celebrity cruise was on a transatlantic which had a large number of European passengers. There were a good number of passengers that dressed up - I think that more people did dress up for late seating than early seating as the party was right after late seating. And they did have a costume contest - hubby and I were part of the finalists.

We picked up some of those costumes in a bag - didn't take up much room and weight. Hubby was Julius Caesar and I was Cleopatra - complete with black wig.

Our experience with Halloween on a Celebrity cruise was on a transatlantic which had a large number of European passengers. There were a good number of passengers that dressed up - I think that more people did dress up for late seating than early seating as the party was right after late seating. And they did have a costume contest - hubby and I were part of the finalists.

We picked up some of those costumes in a bag - didn't take up much room and weight. Hubby was Julius Caesar and I was Cleopatra - complete with black wig.

Thank you :) Did you take any pictures of people's costumes? :)

The couple that won wore one of those air fan inflated chicken costumes. Sorry, we didn't get pictures as we we in the costume contest. Some people brought large costumes (this was back before the extreme luggage restrictions) which I think would have taken up a lot of luggage space and weight. But if you go to someplace like Spirit stores (halloween stores that open in empty stores in shopping centers), they have a lot of costumes that don't take up much room.

• 1 month later...

Hi Lady_G,

We're bringing our 3yr old onboard as well! I don't think there will be a lot of toddlers onboard this sailing so I'm sure we'll spot ya!

How do you feel about taking your little one on an overnight trip in Egypt??

Yes, Celebrity does do a Halloween party. We were with a group of friends (8 of us), and we all came dressed as the characters from "Gilligan's Island". We had a great time!

I remember those pictures. :eek:

We were on a Halloween cruise. The next day at breakfast, our tablemate told me that Halloween was over and I should take my scary mask off - I told him I wasn't wearing a mask!

Well, it makes for a good story.

Denny

We're going to be in Egypt for Halloween this year. I don't think that we're going to be able to dress Baby_G (3 years old) for Halloween.

We're taking an overnight excursion outside of the boat, so she won't be able to dress up.

I know she'll be upset. We'll try to keep it on the down low. :p

Lady_G

You might find a "native" costume for your baby in Egypt. We were in Turkey in August and a couple we were touring with bought a belly dancer's costume for their toddler. It was the cutest thing!

The British are really getting into the swing of Halloween. My 3 year old grandaughter has just got her costume for trick & treating. It has always been a tradition around "Pendle Hill" to go up on Halloween to see the Pendle witches.

Sailing on Celebrity for the first time on the Connie and was wondering if Celebrity does anything special for Halloween? Does anyone wear costumes? I believe this will be our first formal night so was just wondering how to dress.

Thanks,Mary

Mary- Several people on our Roll Call have mentioned that they will bring costumes. DH & I will probably just do maske (too much to pack already!).

Bluesy68: Thanks for posting the official word from X! I assume that the childen will trick or treat from staff members rather than go cabin to cabin- I hadn't even thought of bringing candy!

Archived