Has A ship ever oversold cabins

lennel

I am on the dream 10/03/2009 It only shows 4 cabins ocean view left on several websites, We have Our first Guarantee but still no cabin assigned. I know we are 60 days out but if all they have left is 4 cabins why dont they assign mine, Its not like they have 50 cabins and will make you wait till day of cruise.

Unassigned cabins are often not assigned till the date final payment is due when the cruise line will know of all the cancellations to come. Then they will know if they guessed right about the cancellation to guarantees ratio.

Final payment was july 21 2009

They are likely still sorting out the rooms. Your guarantee will get you that category cabin or better and if it is one of the still available rooms all the better. A couple of times I got the cabin assignment late from a guarantee only to find we were upgraded several categories when we embarked. Did not even know the extent of the upgrade till we got to the cabin. I believe computer programs sort much of the assignments so it may be hard to anticipate where or when you will be assigned. Good luck.

Also, just because a certain number of cabins show available in a category does not mean they are the only option. It also depends on how many OTHER people also booked GTY in your category. The computer may cut off sales when rooms are still unassigned, depending on how many GTY bookings have to be accomodated. Assignment itself can occur at any time and has little to do with what shows as available online. The same room may be sold, upgraded and re-sold multiple times for any one sailing.

And yes, they often do overbook a ship... that is when you see move-over offers, usually about two week prior to sailing.

I am on the dream 10/03/2009 It only shows 4 cabins ocean view left on several websites, We have Our first Guarantee but still no cabin assigned. I know we are 60 days out but if all they have left is 4 cabins why dont they assign mine, Its not like they have 50 cabins and will make you wait till day of cruise.

ooo which sailing is this coz I cant find any availabilty. First cruise I see is the 16 day transatlantic.

Archived