Dress, dress, dresses!

UstolemyNAME

OK I am a nosy parker and love formal wear. I would love to have a look at other cruiser's dresses (or suits) they have taken or are planning to take. I would also love to hear what people think of the dresses I am planing to take. I am going on a 46 night Southampton-Sydney cruise on the QV and here is what I have so far..

p.s my head is not really a white bubble but my hair looked horible and I didnt want to inflict it on you

557822508_dresslongblack.jpg.6c5a309aa8672671ab8faf32685955ec.jpg

1509508980_dresslongredbasic.jpg.22af9720581ab47fe2753f1e30736468.jpg

47045912_dresslongredpoof.jpg.d47cdd35b8b5cb21548e2dfda7ace4d6.jpg

383556730_dresslongsam.jpg.3dcf5b3c1470568686b713c4bec46053.jpg

1015794382_dresslongyr12.jpg.ec560dd5044e94d5e90a2ab1023be8e2.jpg

OK I am a nosy parker and love formal wear. I would love to have a look at other cruiser's dresses (or suits) they have taken or are planning to take. I would also love to hear what people think of the dresses I am planing to take. I am going on a 46 night Southampton-Sydney cruise on the QV and here is what I have so far. p.s my head is not really a white bubble but my hair looked horible and I didnt want to inflict it on you

oh my gosh, can i just say that i'm green with envy. your dresses are delicious!! i'm only going on a six-night and have not bought my dresses yet...but now am totally inspired! your clothes are lovely.

I'll add a man's opinion. They are all stunning, with the sole exception of the silverly one (spot.jpg?). It's cute too, but lacks the classic elegance of the rest. But bring it along, as you may want to stir things up a bit about mid-way through the glorious 46 nights! You will look smashing, I am sure! Have a wonderful voyage!

I agree!! The dresses are lovely. What a great collection for your voyage. Some of the dresses are very simple classic dresses that could be made to look quite different with accessories such as wraps, or jewelry. As others have pointed out, it is fine to wear things more than once. If you are doing more than one segment, there may be a change in passengers, which means the new passengers will not have seen your dresses.

Have a fabulous voyage.

Beth

Would an ivory gown be appropriate? It's not a wedding dress but because it's ivory it could be mistaken for one. I've added a photo... I hope it shows.

I would appreciate feedback because I really do want to wear it.

1148975740_ivorydress.jpg.73e44b48b4e4b789f18d4efd3887becf.jpg

Would an ivory gown be appropriate? It's not a wedding dress but because it's ivory it could be mistaken for one. I've added a photo... I hope it shows.

It is lovely, particularly how it catches the light. Wear it with pride!

The only time ivory is "inappropriate" is when you have reached that mature age when it does peculair things to your skin (I speak from experience here:)) other wise it is absolutely fine,

Enjoy your frock!!

Your dresses are lovely and I don't think you need more than you already have (unless you really want new ones, but no obligation with so many already).

Avigirl, I think your dress is perfectly fine but maybe you should think about a lively color or black and ivory shawl, or maybe a colorful sash would work well too.

I have posted my pictures here way too many times already but since you ask, here are the links:

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/jp2001/B2B%20Crossing%20-%202008/?action=view&current=Robes1.jpg (Black & White Ball, sorry picture taken just before to go to bed, I had already removed my makeup)

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/jp2001/B2B%20Crossing%20-%202008/?action=view&current=Robes2.jpg (Last Formal Night, before to go to dinner)

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/jp2001/B2B%20Crossing%20-%202008/?action=view&current=FriendsTablematesAscottBall.jpg (Ascot Ball with my female tablemates)

Your dresses are wonderful. Even though your red poof was my favorite, I give you warning. The closets are narrow and storage of poof dresses can be a problem... LOL, I speak from experience. You might want to limit the # of poof dresses you bring on this long voyage.

Thanks guys :rolleyes:,

I love my dresses - and that ivory one was beautiful! My red poof one folds along the seams. This amazed me, but as long as I lay it out (lie it out? gammar people please don't kill me) on the bed the day I wear it it works fine. I want more dresses because well....I want more dresses:p. I feel I'm good for the shorter ones but would like a few more long one. My bank balance does nott agree with this throey. I'm posting a lot of stuff to the UK anyway so I dont have to worry about luggage limits atleast. I never get to dress up fancy and am looking forward to it! Please keep the pics coming and I'll post anything new that I buy (beg, borrow..)

I have also enjoyed viewing all the wonderful dresses. I would love to know where you go to buy your dresses in Melbourne Ustolemyname. I am doing 23 days on the QM2 in February from Hong Kong to Sydney & I would like to add 2 new long dresses to my cruise wardrobe. Any shops you can recommend would be appreciated.

Your dresses are beautiful! I agree that that red one is stunning, the silver one isn't as fabulous as the rest, but still looks fine. I always need a stole or a shawl in the evenings, so if you took a couple along with you, you could easily wear the dresses a couple of times, but with different accessories. Enjoy your trip, and know that you are going to look great!

Lesley

My goodness, you do have a lovely wardrobe of dresses. You will need a couple of suitcases just for them.

Only my opinion but i do not like the last cream dress but only you know if your colouring will match it.

What an experience you will have, enjoy getting glammed up each night.

Katzoe, I've been raiding bridalwear stores - bridesmaid dresses are all on sale at the moment but longer dresses are hard to find. Which is annoying as these are what I want more of. The long black one is from a store called Events and the long green one from Unik, both at centro the Glen (glenwavery). All my other long ones are borrrowed. If anyone does know where to get long dresses in the general Melbourne area please let both me and Katzoe know :)

Thanks UstolemyName, I take Mum for coffee at the Glen most weeks & I will have a browse in Events on my next visit. I have only visited the shop once when they were having a sale & the dresses on offer were lovely but a little too revealing for me. I am also going to check out a beautiful Italian fabric shop in Glenferrie Road, Malvern, near my home. They have dressmakers who will make clothes to order from your chosen fabrics.

OK I am a nosy parker and love formal wear. I would love to have a look at other cruiser's dresses (or suits) they have taken or are planning to take. I would also love to hear what people think of the dresses I am planing to take. I am going on a 46 night Southampton-Sydney cruise on the QV and here is what I have so far..

p.s my head is not really a white bubble but my hair looked horible and I didnt want to inflict it on you

I like all but the second one -- You have a nice figure, and that dress isn't flattering.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought your dresses were wonderful!! ESPECIALLY all the colors--so difficult to find dresses that are not BLACK !! You did a great job..and you will look and feel terrific !! As for the wrinkles--if any--on the dresses--not on you--the pressing services onboard are great, so don''t worry--take as many as you can!! You will need a wrap of some kind--can get chilly onboard. Have a wonderful cruise.

Ok I will admit it, I bought another dress. I'll post it as soon as I can find where I put the camera. I also bought 3 pashminas. A red and black one, a green and gold one and a black, green and gold one, so they will match al my dresses except my new one....damn. Anyone else have dresses to show me?:D:D

Archived