Slide Not Open On The Trumiph

cpacheco212121

I just got off of the Triumph Saturday 8/1 and the side was only opened one day. None of the hot tubs were open.

That's ridiculous, for the hot tubs to be closed the whole time:rolleyes: I understand if the slide is closed due to weather, but don't they usually let you know. I'm surprised it wasn't in the Capers as to why they were closed.

Are the hot tubs and slide closed for maintenance or just because of the weather conditions of a Canadian cruise? I thought I had read reviews of people using them on this itinerary this year. We leave 8/10 for the 5 day. 17 year old looking forward to the slide! Better start preparing her now!

Wow, this is disappointing news. We have a Triumph cruise booked for November, and we've been spoiled by the Fantasy's 3 waterslides being open daily, including embarkation day, and by the 4 hot tubs which have also been open every day. My kids will be very upset if the slide is not open every day, and we'll be disappointed if the hot tubs aren't open at all.

Obviously I can understand the weather closing the slide, but it being closed for (most) any other reason would make me very frustrated. Especially since it was ultimately the final straw as to why we chose to take our first cruise w/Carnival instead of RCCL in November.

We were down to the Destiny vs. the Navigator, and my kids just loved the idea of having a slide on the ship, so we booked the Destiny. Had it not been for that slide, there is absolutely no question we would've sailed w/RCCL. Thus, I'm sure hoping it isn't closed during our Destiny cruise for any reason that could be prevented (e.g. not weather).

We even noticed the slide not open very often last year on the Splendor. Generally they claimed it not to be open due to wind? Weather was beautiful, would have been nice for it to have been open. Really only noticed it open like 2 of the 7 days we sailed. That is one of my concerns for the Dream will be that sailing in December the slide may not be open that often and I really think my kids would have liked the slides.

When i was on in june, Our sailing was the first sailing for the triumph to canada for the year so maybe there was some maintinance issues...I just read a review on carnivals website that said the slide was open all the 4 days so I do think there is HOPE ;)

Wow, this is disappointing news. We have a Triumph cruise booked for November, and we've been spoiled by the Fantasy's 3 waterslides being open daily, including embarkation day, and by the 4 hot tubs which have also been open every day. My kids will be very upset if the slide is not open every day, and we'll be disappointed if the hot tubs aren't open at all.

I don't see why it would be closed then. They will be sailing to the Caribbean then. The weather should be warm.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. On the August 6 4-nighter to Saint John--slide was open EVERY DAY, including embarkation day. I went on it 3 of the 4 days and it was AWESOME. Yeah, a bit chilly last day at sea before you got on the slide (wind blowing on you) but it was still great.

Hot tubs were closed for "technical modifications" the whole cruise.

ENJOY!

Archived