Ventura 17th-31st July

Micky1

My family and I have just returned from this cruise, this being our first time cruising. I have to say that we had a fantastic time.

A few of the posters on this forum really go to town in putting Ventura down, posts which really caused me some concern before going.I have to say to anyone who has a trip booked on her RELAX.

We ate in the Saffron restaraunt at second sitting most nights, we had a table of 8 and had great company seated with us. The food and service were amazing throughout the holiday, we could not fault it, neither could any of the other diners at our table all of whom had cruised before both with P and O and other lines.

We also ate in East and The White room, both stunning, especially The White room well worth the cover charge, we ate outside as the sun was setting and it really was amazing.

On the subject of Butlins at sea, I'm sure that Ventura is not what seasoned pando cruisers are used to but as others have said it is marketed at families, if you don't want to see kids on holiday don't book on her. We have never done butlins but we have had holidays involving family resorts before, my kids are 6 and 3, I would like to say that not only were the kids that were on this cruise well behaved ,well turned out and having lot's of fun, but as a parent I enjoyed my holiday even more because of the children's facilities on board. The staff running this side of things couldn,t be more helpful, Mark and his team worked every minute to ensure not only the children but the adults enjoyed their break.

This reflects well on pando and should not be looked on as a downside to the ship.

We attended all 4 formal nights dressed accordingly and I must say that the majority of passengers did also.

Everyone we spoke to ,young and old ,seasoned pando cruisers and newbies, said they were having a ball. it is due to this, the amazing level of service, standard of food and attention to the smallest of details that means I wouldn't hesitate to book not only pando but Ventura again :)

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed Ventura, and that is why we've booked another cruise in November.:)

Glad you had a nice time, and like you say if people read up that Ventura is geared up towards families then thereshould be no problem.

We travel out of school holiday time mainly so perhaps that is why less children were on board. However the staff are excellent with the children and when on Ventura in December 2008 the children came out on deck singing christmas carols on deck and we thought that a lovely touch :)

Can I ask a silly question? On Ventura's deck plans, there are 4 pools shown-2 in the middle and 1 at either end. Are all of these pools for everyone , or is one for children and one for Spa use only?-jocap.

All the 4 main pools can be used by all adult passengers but to use the Spa (forward) pool and the Terrace (aft) pool you must be over sixteen years. These adult pools tend to be much quieter as a result and the Spa Pool has a feature which lets you swim against the current. One of the other two pools has a retractable roof which is useful on cooler days.

Glad you had a good time, we went on Ventura last April,wasn't brilliant due to really noisy neighbours but we liked the ship.So much so that we're going to book for next may to the fjords......hope we don't have noisy neighbours!!!!!!!!:)

Micky1: I'm glad you had a good cruise. We, too, like Ventura and have booked a cruise on her for next May.

Glad you had a good time, we went on Ventura last April, spoilt by really noisy neighbours. It didn't put us off as we're booking for next May so fingers crossed next time will be ok!We both really liked the ship and apart from noise from 3am-7am every morning weenjoyed the trip.

Archived