Rum Point Beach

Lorintx

I have read several good things about this beach and was wondering if anyone has been there. How long and expensive is the cab ride? Is this area better than public beach areas of Seven Mile Beach? We are trying to decide if we want to try to visit this area next April when we will be in Georgetown. I haven't found any "all inclusive" resorts there that offer day passes so thought this might be a little less crowded than the public beaches.

Any suggestions or helpful hints will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rum Point is a beautiful beach! I was able to enjoy time on Rum Point through the stingray tour that I booked privately.

To get to Rum Point is about a 45 minute drive. You may want to do a search on this forum. I know it's been discussed before. Since it's so far out, you don't just want to take a taxi thinking that there will be taxis waiting to take people back because there won't be. Maybe a private car or rental car would be the best options.

Good luck!

We were in GC pre Ivan and Rum Point was one of our favorite beaches due to the snorkeling. It had a beach bar, pier, lots of chairs and was not as crowded as 7 Mile beach, but not as beautiful either. We will be in GC in Jan. I am trying to figure out the easiest way to get to Rum Point and so far it looks like a car rental is the only way to go. Have you researched transportation there? I am also anxious to know if the snorkeling and services are recovered there?

We were just there 4/07 and it was gorgeous. Snorkeling was OK...we did have an overly friendly stingray that kind of wigged me out, LOL, but it makes for a funny story. Beach was great and clean, as were facilities. Food and drink were pricey (as is everything on GC) but tastey.

We were in GC pre Ivan and Rum Point was one of our favorite beaches due to the snorkeling. It had a beach bar, pier, lots of chairs and was not as crowded as 7 Mile beach, but not as beautiful either. We will be in GC in Jan. I am trying to figure out the easiest way to get to Rum Point and so far it looks like a car rental is the only way to go. Have you researched transportation there? I am also anxious to know if the snorkeling and services are recovered there?

Everything is recovered...good as new.

A car rental is really the only feasible way of getting to Rum Point if you don't want to take an excursion that includes a stop there.

A taxi would be about $80 US each way, and you'd have to prearrange the return trip since there are no taxis normally waiting in the area.

Archived